Use The Battlefield

Supplement Four said:
CIRCLE STEP combat maneuver

Circumstance: The character must have initiative and be in melee combat with a single opponent.

Effect: The character must attack from his starting square then use his five foot step to circle his opponent, moving to one of the two sqares beside his opponent. He must move to the side that makes it most awkward for his opponent to strike. If his opponent is right handed, then the character must move to his opponent's right. His opponent can adjust facing as a free action, but the character recieves a +1 circumstance bonus to his Dodge Defense.

In effect, the character is circling his opponent, striking, and always moving to make himself the hardest target to hit.

I tweaked it again, went back to the first thought. I think Circle Stepping is about dodging and initiative, not parrying. So, the Parry is normal while the Dodge gets the +1 modifier.

You've got to have initiative, attack from one square, and use your five foot step to place you adjacent to the target, in order to get the +1 Dodge benefit.

Ops, I forgot ot mention that I've just created those two feats (canny defense and side step) to give those that dodge something in line of the Intricate swordplay (+Cha to parry) and Riposte (Free extra attack when you parry).

Back