Upcoming Vorlon miniatures

It appears that in June we are getting a boxed set of 28mm Vorlons in the same vein as the Minbari, Narn and Centauri Royal Guard boxed sets.

However, in just what poses can you sculpt a Vorlon figure? They tend to just stand about whispering and letting off steam. Literally.

Do you think the set will include 'naked' Vorlons of various angelic alien appearance?

At this point cue Mongoose staff saying:

" For pity's sake let us get the April and May releases out the way before you start hassling us over the flaming Vorlons!!!!!!!" :lol:

Finally some Vorlons. They were kinda hard to find from the Harliquin sets. Besides, they might have some other uses...

Like a TARDIS for Doctor Who.
Corner Decor found in Mega-City One apartments.
Cover for Mobile Infantry to shoot behind.
and the list goes on...

The thing is, straight off we have 4 different environment suits from the series to represent.

Kosh's
Ulkesh's
The Previous Shadow War Model
"The Vorlon Ambassador to Minbar" (though that's also Ulkesh if you read "To Dream in the City of Sorrows").

Personally, I want those ones plus lots of new designs from Mongoose.

I don't think the "angry squid" could be adequately done in 28mm metal :(

frobisher said:
The thing is, straight off we have 4 different environment suits from the series to represent.

Kosh's
Ulkesh's
"The Vorlon Ambassador to Minbar" (though that's also Ulkesh if you read "To Dream in the City of Sorrows").

Blinking flip,I never noticed or perhaps just can't remember the different types and I watched the entire series!!!!!!!!! Fair play, I bow to your superior knowledge old chap.

frobisher said:
Kosh's
Ulkesh's

Actually only three different Envio-suitsfrom the series:

- "The Gathering" Kosh Style

- Babylon-5 Kosh-style (the encounter suit was slightly altered between the pilot and the series, mostly it was made a bit smaller and had some extra protrusions removed... but it's very similar to the "TG style")

- Ulkesh-style (= Minbari Ambassador, and the style the "Previous Shadow War" Vorlons wore)

(well... one could also enter the "Na'ka'leen feeder Suit", as it was slightly different from the suit Kosh had...)

All said however, there are only two suit styles in the show - Kosh and Ulkesh.

However... a decent sculptor ought to take a look at this:
Remember, p.22 of "Darkness & Light", about those volron aspects? Kosh (teacher/mentor aspect) and Kesh (general/warrior aspect) are two of those aspects - it would follow that encounter suits styles are tied to those aspects... which leaves room for Fiac (engineer/techincian aspect), Kail (deciever/diety aspect), Morh (scientist/thinker aspect), Olos (diplomat/speaker aspect), Uler (shepherd/manipulator aspect) and Vorl (order aspect) style encounter suits! And eight Volrlon encounter suits should make a decent box set...

ronbogard said:
MY only question is when is the shadows min. coming out?
Same here. I do have two Vorlon minis already (from Harlequin days), and I really want a few shadows too...

These figures are being made for the RPG. There is no Babylon 5 wargame at this time that will use the 25mm figes. War Without End uses really tiny figs(is it 6mm or 10mm?), and A Call To Arms uses ships only. (I suppose you could run some really wierd Gangs of Mega City 1 games though.)

ShadowScout said:
- Ulkesh-style (= Minbari Ambassador, and the style the "Previous Shadow War" Vorlons wore)

There are actually some detail differences - the suit wasn't finished in WWE and the Shadow War Vorlons had a bit more work done on them compared to the "Ambassador".

Of course, we can't really say, definatively, that there has ever been more than two Vorlons anyway ;)

Michka said:
These figures are being made for the RPG. There is no Babylon 5 wargame at this time that will use the 25mm figes. War Without End uses really tiny figs(is it 6mm or 10mm?), and A Call To Arms uses ships only. (I suppose you could run some really wierd Gangs of Mega City 1 games though.)

Well, after GOMC-1 got the SST treatment I'm hoping for a little of the same for B5.

Cheers
Mark

ShadowScout said:
frobisher said:
Kosh's
Ulkesh's

Actually only three different Envio-suitsfrom the series:

- "The Gathering" Kosh Style

- Babylon-5 Kosh-style (the encounter suit was slightly altered between the pilot and the series, mostly it was made a bit smaller and had some extra protrusions removed... but it's very similar to the "TG style")

(well... one could also enter the "Na'ka'leen feeder Suit", as it was slightly different from the suit Kosh had...)

All said however, there are only two suit styles in the show - Kosh and Ulkesh.

However... a decent sculptor ought to take a look at this:
Remember, p.22 of "Darkness & Light", about those volron aspects? Kosh (teacher/mentor aspect) and Kesh (general/warrior aspect) are two of those aspects - it would follow that encounter suits styles are tied to those aspects... which leaves room for Fiac (engineer/techincian aspect), Kail (deciever/diety aspect), Morh (scientist/thinker aspect), Olos (diplomat/speaker aspect), Uler (shepherd/manipulator aspect) and Vorl (order aspect) style encounter suits! And eight Volrlon encounter suits should make a decent box set...
Wow- box set of 8 different Vorlon suits would be pretty cool. Although just a couple should be enough for most Roleplaying adventures!!

Cheers

James

MarkNorfolk said:
Well, after GOMC-1 got the SST treatment I'm hoping for a little of the same for B5.

I'm kinda hoping for that too. I'd like a smaller skirmish sized game more than vast armies, but I'll take anything I can get.

Back