Travellers Needed - The Future of Traveller

• More ships; for different alien races and different size categories
  • Florian League
  • Religions in Charted Space: different churches, cults and sects
  • Collections of animals for different sectors; ie. Animals of Spinward Marches
  • New book on Belters
  • A book on Primordials and other older races
  • Adventures in the Beyond sector
  • A Hiver campaign
  • A Rebellion sourcebook with different options for playing through the rebellion and how it ends
  • Book on Gvurrdon and Tuglikki sectors for some Vargr adventuring
  • A book on Ziafrplians and Tienspenevkr sectors for some Zhodani adventuring
  • A book on Leonidae and Extolian sectors for some Hiver adventuring
In keeping with your final three suggestions, for the next sector book after Ley-Gateway, I'd like to propose either Mendan and Amdukan (so, Julian Protectorate sourcebook, also fulfilling any Vargr adventuring agendas) or Gzirr!k'l and K'trekreer (Hiver-K'kree border, exploring the Krotan, Orarnak, and Lithkind as well as the big two empires and how they officially don't interact, not at all, no.)

I second the call for Hiver campaigns, particularly since Gurvin and Za'tachk are getting their day in the sun with the next Aliens volume; with Ithklur and Humans already in the bag, we'd have a nice variety of local character options. A campaign set in the Federation would allow for all sorts of legitimate wackiness (that is, comedically bizarre without being farcical or random) as various tasks are set seemingly for no obvious purpose, or with odd expectations for results. The set up could involve a means to track the plans of various Manipulators and the factors that further or frustrate their plans as the players do what they will with the odd patron requests. And whether those plans are of the utmost sober importance or simply because a patron is curious and looking for some random "keeping the brain humming" stimulation... Well, who knows? Which Manipulator will come out on top, and how did your actions lead to that outcome? And can you untangle yourself and further your own destiny while the Manipulators claim it was All According to Plan?

Cyberpunk elements! More details about hacking computers/networks. Rolling a skill once to hack a computer could be so much more interesting. Perhaps something about writing/defeating computer viruses.

Reactions: JNJ
Inspired from another thread. How about detailing a high tech city. It shows that the Traveller system can allow a different style of staying in one area and developing connections and roots rather than wandering charted space. It may even some of the writers to write a campaign around it.

I would like to see more Sector or World guides. List of planetary stats are not that great, and it's nice when we get more details about worlds to fill those numbers out.

Here's my wish-list: Miniatures and accessories! A line of official Traveller miniatures for PCs! I want official traders, scouts, zhodani and vargr, Aslan, hiver and droyne minis at the table. Seems like Northstar miniatures would be a good fit for Mongoose (UK based with US distribution., old school look). Poster-sized deckplans of PC ships (0-hr does great work), battlemaps; look at the cool stuff Starfinder players get, makes me jealous! Acrylic tokens for aim/dodge/and dive for cover to aid in combat. How about a combat tracker? Weapon and vehicle cards, starship cards too! Team up with Battle Systems for official Traveller terrain., starport, docking bay, pirate base.
+1

We are unlikely to ourselves, but we are always looking for a miniatures partner!
Contact 3D sculpting outfits like Crippled God Foundry to design 3D printable STL files for you, or contract with someone like Northstar in the UK to do plastic multi-part figures on sprues. Pleeeeeease!

Trailing Frontier, covering Gateway and Ley sectors being laid out right now!
Excellent! Of course it is my curse that I always want to know what the next sector set will be...

Personally, I'm hoping for these:
  • Corridor & Provence (or Corridor and Vland if you want to play it safe)
  • Magyar & Dark Nebula (because I never played the GDW game...)
  • Leonidae & Extolian (Hivers & Dynchia... What could go wrong?)
Other ideas:
  • Probably better for JTAS articles, but alternative campaign premises. I accidentally created the crew of a Kardashian-style reality-holo show, and thought, 'this could work...'
  • Templates for action locations. What's in a Scout Base? How is a shipyard organized? How is a Vargr shipyard organized?
  • A sourcebook for LSP. I mean, what are they up to? (And I guess the other megacorps are intereesting too, but for some reason LSP sticks in my mind.)

Please tell me the authors of the Fifth Frontier Was line have read all the issues of GDW JTAS leading up to the declaration of war.
The TAS News articles and a few of the Amber Zones contain lots of background to what was going on, not to mention hints in the rumours section of A1 Kinunir. The TAS News article reprints in The Spinward Marches Campaign book are not the complete picture, you really need to read all the war issues of JTAS too.

I don't know that I agree that Mongoose is trapped by what was written 40 years ago. I mean, I can read all that on my own. Its all still available from FFE. One of the biggest complaints made about MgT products is how many are basically reprints. I mean, I enjoy reading the updated stuff, but I wouldn't have any trouble if they did with Fifth Frontier War what they say they are doing with 2300's Invasion, which is totally rewriting it.

I don't know that I agree that Mongoose is trapped by what was written 40 years ago. I mean, I can read all that on my own. Its all still available from FFE. One of the biggest complaints made about MgT products is how many are basically reprints. I mean, I enjoy reading the updated stuff, but I wouldn't have any trouble if they did with Fifth Frontier War what they say they are doing with 2300's Invasion, which is totally rewriting it.
+1

If its poorly done, like the SW sequels, it'll be poorly received. If it's well done, it'll be well received. No matter what they do there will be some people complaining, because there will be people unhappy with a reprint of existing material and there will be people unhappy with not replicating GDW's original content. And there will be people fine either way as long as it's good.

GDW's major flaw, imho, was producing large scale content that didn't help anyone run their actual campaign of normal Travellers doing stuff. If Mongoose can write FFW material that actually means something to regular adventurers, I wouldn't care whether it followed exactly what happened the first time.

Zhdant is in progress. Should come out along with the Fifth Frontier War line.
Sweet! Thank you. I will put it here, FWIW: Adventures, by definition cover how PCs can change the status quo. On the other hand, I like sourcebooks to be set in the same time so 'current' events fit together.

Back