Travellers Needed - The Future of Traveller

Alien Specific Campaigns

ie. All K'Kree players campaign, or all Hiver campaign.

Alien fauna and flora generator tables, that would give players/refs options to generate planet specific unique species based on animal roles, eg. Apex predator, predator, large, small prey, flying creatrures, floating creatures etc.

Maybe taking modifiers from the planet generation output to allow some way of creating additional weird wonderful and unique creatures for travellers to interact, escape or search for...

More details about Aliens and cultures. I really like the portrayal of Aslans in the Pirates of Drinax campaign, which adds a lot to the stereotype of "Lions. IN SPACE". Details like Aslan perceiving the gender of individual humans based on their occupation is exactly what I want to see in Science Fiction.

Also I would like to see more details about individual planets. It's all nice and well to have a paragraph of describing a system in the current format, but in the end it's just an inspiration and I need to come up with all the details of that "TL 8 water planet with intelligent fungi and solar flare powered economy" myself. I usually like to buy RPG supplements to have others do the work for me regarding NPCs, maps and cultural quirks.

So, why not have a book focused primarily on Capital, Lair, Terra, Regina or Floria. Space is huge but people tend to forget, that a planet like Earth itself is huge enough to have several thousand years worth of storytelling.

I'd like to see more Classic Traveller adventures updated for this ruleset. I like what's been done so far with Secrets of the Ancients and Mysteries on Arcturus Station.

Some additional content on our evil corporate overlords would be very welcome

weapons corps
energy corps
comp software corps
comp hardware corps
Ag corps

or a different pattern of breakdowns from 21st century Terra

Tech
Telecommunications
Financials
Energy
Industrials
Consumer Staples
Consumer Discretionary
Health Care
Utilities
Basic Materials

I would love to see a Mongoose treatment of two things:

1. Milieu 0

2. Pocket Empires

I absolutely love those two products.

Peleliu said:
I would love to see a Mongoose treatment of two things:

1. Milieu 0

2. Pocket Empires

I absolutely love those two products.

I'd like to see a Vilani book that draws on some of the M0 material

An update to the TNE: World Tamer's Handbook

Make sure to tie the colony production to the UWP so you can figure out the numbers in either direction if you want to go micro or macro. That way planetary information can be scaled from the micro-scale, colony management info from TNE:WTH up to macro-scale of full, planetary UWPs, and also from planetary UWPs down to TNE:WTH colony management info. That way this information can more easily be modified by individual Referees to suit their own TUs and play styles. It would also more easily interface with GT: Far Trader.

I can try and write parts of it if you guys want. It is going to seriously test My math skills though to make the system work good, be relatively simple to use, and mesh seemlessly with MgT2. So I may need someone to bounce My math off of.

For a Sector book, Reaver's Deep would seem to fit with the work on the Solomani and the Aslan, and the Principality of Caledon might be interesting to re-visit in more detail.

I'd like to see something of different cultures, planet side. How does a Matriarchal society feel like to live in and how does it look? The Rebin Empire in Massilia might be worth a look at? How does a planet run by the Mob work? How does the government run in a participatory democracy?

I'd also like to see something of different environment's planet side. What colour is the sky when your star is an MV2? What do you need to worry about on a planet in the habitual zone of an G5V that has no atmosphere. What happens on planet where it rains methane?

E.D.Quibell said:
For a Sector book, Reaver's Deep would seem to fit with the work on the Solomani and the Aslan, and the Principality of Caledon might be interesting to re-visit in more detail.

I'd like to see something of different cultures, planet side. How does a Matriarchal society feel like to live in and how does it look? The Rebin Empire in Massilia might be worth a look at? How does a planet run by the Mob work? How does the government run in a participatory democracy?

I'd also like to see something of different environment's planet side. What colour is the sky when your star is an MV2? What do you need to worry about on a planet in the habitual zone of an G5V that has no atmosphere. What happens on planet where it rains methane?

Methane collectors could be in the equipment section of a book and used to collect fuel on planets that rain methane. :)

E.D.Quibell said:

Reaver’s Deep is a very appealing sector with its central mix of alien species and polities, book-ended by the Imperium and Hierate. Definitely deserves a sourcebook someday.

paltrysum said:
E.D.Quibell said:

Reaver’s Deep is a very appealing sector with its central mix of alien species and polities, book-ended by the Imperium and Hierate. Definitely deserves a sourcebook someday.

+1

I’d like to see a Rebellion and Hardtimes supplement or Supplements a box set would be nice. Like the original No Virus since that was a TNE thing. It was a very dynamic time frame and made for vastly different feel and play.

ShawnDriscoll said:
MongooseMatt said:
No answer is too silly (well, maybe...), and we are happy to look at all areas of the game, be it rules-based or areas of Charted Space.

We need a Traveller Bestiary. Something like After Man: A Zoology of the Future. I have the book. Some of the stuff I've converted to MgT2 as needed.

I agree. A Traveller Bestiary would be great

how about a traveller version of fading suns? I am a fan of the setting but I played it not very often because I hated the game system of FS. At the moment I guess the IP is in the hands of ulisses spiele. But they also did a kickstarter for classic traveller so the company likes both games. A fusion of setting fluff and rules crunch should be not that difficult.

I would love to see something done with the multi-sector island in the middle of the Lesser Rift, including the sectors of Koog and its surrounding sectors. It would be a good defensive position during the Virus or just a bastion of a multi-sector xenophobic polity, likely non-human or a revenant civilization that was once mighty, but now is barely spaceworthy, somewhat like the Vilani Culture during the Interstellar Wars. Or an advanced and declining race of clones (Asgard from Stargate)

I'd like to see these books too :
* Alien of charted space with the Vilani
* A sector book centred on the Vilani with the Vland sector and perhaps Lishun or Dagudashaag. (as a bonus it would bind Core sector with the sectors describe elsewhere, like Corridor, Deneb, Spinward marches, for a great overview of the links between this sectors)
* A book like Third Imperium for an alien race described elsewhere. Perhaps a Vargr book with Provence sector (for the homeworld) or a Khree book with Ruupiin Sector. And with massive ships of the alien race described (i don't know if the Vargr have capital ships).
* A dilettante book equivalent for the second edition.
* A book setting with a planet described in details, perhaps an urban planet like Tobia, Vincennes or Mora.
* A short campaign within this unique planet, perhaps with travellers as cops or private investigators.
* A Florian League Book

I'd like to see something with a lot more detail on the Vegan Autonomous District and the Vegans in general. The treatment they get in the Aliens of Charted Space is extremely minimal.

How about an entire book on Capital itself, again it's something that's had very minimal treatment in Traveller books.

Another idea for a system book would be an Imperial Navy Depot system, or Reference or the like.

Shorter campaigns that can fit into a club schedule. Clubs are an important point of visibility for the game .
Most clubs (notably RPHaven growing fast in UK) run a "block" system with time limited games. RP haven do 12 weeks. No way I can offerto run DNR in this time. SOA will take far too long. POD, rpobably not. Even if we run two blocks consecutive. SO - some short campaigns - maybe 5- 6 adventures with a stoty arc would be great. I like the idea of these set on a cluster to create a bit of a sandbox feel.

Back