Traveller Open Day - May 1st

leprecon said:
I will be there with a number of Bournemouth Beserkers

OK, I'm going to hide all the guns in my scenario. We don't need a bunch of berserkers running around tunnels and toting guns now do we! :roll:

Stainless said:
leprecon said:

OK, I'm going to hide all the guns in my scenario. We don't need a bunch of berserkers running around tunnels and toting guns now do we! :roll:

Ok, who's going to volunteer to 'accidently' leave some FGMP's laying around for them to pick up¿

lastbesthope said:
True to form, there are Engineering works this weekend between Bristol and Swindon, typical

LBH

It might be a bit expensive but you could try taking a National Express bus to Swindon and then a taxi to Mongoose HQ. Getting there by 9:30 will be a push of course. :(

If only someone had already offered to pick up people from the station on the other Traveller Open Day thread (as long as it's before 8.30 am or so) - oh, i did.

LBH if you mail me on xxx.xxx I'll see if we can sort something out.

Si

AndrewW said:
Ok, who's going to volunteer to 'accidently' leave some FGMPs laying around for them to pick up?
Hey in the District 268 games you can have ANYTHING you can justify to me :)

DISTRICT 268 UPDATE AFTER TRAVCON 2010
The new powerplant and turret have been fitted to the Redemption...
The pirate corsair Thorn is in a bit of bother and needs your help...
The top secret Imperial Secret Service cell on Collace certainly haven't forgotten about you...
SuSAg are still desperate to find you and then kill you (if only you knew why)...
There are a crapload of menial jobs that need doing out there as well if you plan on eating this month...

Now all I need is 6 players and a HUGE bag of 'Wing It'.
Si
I love running this 'rules light' campaign, the players decide where it goes and every game adds to the background and shapes the future of the campaign.

mrfingle said:
If only someone had already offered to pick up people from the station on the other Traveller Open Day thread (as long as it's before 8.30 am or so) - oh, i did.

LBH if you mail me on [SNIP] I'll see if we can sort something out.

Si

Getting from the station to Mongoose is easy, it's the getting from Bristol to Swindon, but it's doable, even on the reduced service, and still way easier than getting a coach.

LBH

For those that are new to Open Days, it has been a sometime tradition to hook up in the local cafe for breakfast bvefore hand.

The so called Breakfast Brigade, gathers in the Sunflower cafe before the Open Day kicks off, all being well I'll be there from about 0800 when the cafe opens.

If you take a look at the map to the mongoose offices here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/officemap.pdf

If you carry on North up Cricklade Road, going past the Mongoose offices and past the crossroads with Chapel Street and Ferndale Road. Just after that crossroads on the right hand (East) side of Cricklade Road, just after the Co-op is a cafe called the Sunflower cafe. We traditionally try to get together there for a hearty fried breakfast about an hour before doors open at Mongoose, so in this case 0800 hours.

The food is good, prices are reasonable, and it's a good way to set your stomach up for a days gaming

I know some of you already know about the BB, and some don't get there in time to indulge, but I hope I'll see some of you there to start the day.

LBH

A great idea, but that would mean I have to leave home at about 6:00. Although my daughter usually wakes me at that time, I am in no way ready to leave my bed at that time. :? Thus, I'll see ya all there at 9:00.

My print-outs are all ready and my bag of wing-it is packed. :wink:

Stainless said:
leprecon said:

We'll I'm driving him up to Swindon and I expect he'll be buzzing on too much fizzy pop and sweeties but a Berserker's got to do what a Berseker's got to do :D

I doubt we'll make it in time to join the Breakfast Brigade though :( Travell safe everyone and happy gaming. 8)

lastbesthope said:
For those that are new to Open Days, it has been a sometime tradition to hook up in the local cafe for breakfast before hand.
Great, I read about this AFTER I've just got back from the open day. Still, I'll know for next year - assuming Matthew will have me back to GM

Thanks for today folks, I had a really great time. The Mongoose team were friendly, the games were fun and the players got totally into the District 268 characters and the feel of the campaign, it was a pleasure to GM for everyone today.

Yes, thank you all who played in my game "The Three Faces of God". Both groups did pretty much the same things and got the guy out of the nest of religious kooks. And only one NPC was killed in the making, plus a whole lot more had an unexpected sleep. :twisted:

So which forum 'personalities' were in my game?

Thanks also to everyone who attended as it gave the room a great buzz.

Lastly, thanks to Matt for his very generous reward for the GMs. I had not expected that, and greatly appreciate his generosity. Now I have more RPG books for my groaning shelves!

A great day all round and I look forward to the next one.

Well I had a great time and bought some new RPG goodies.

For the benefit of the AvP GM (Richard) LBH is the guy who was playing Corporal Lang, and very good it was too.

LBH

I had a brilliant time, and I was somewhat amazed and not a little disturbed to note exactly how much I remember about Hivers from memory... this either makes me very excellent, or very sad indeed.... :?

This was my first mongoose open day, and it was very enjoyable, as i haven't played/run a traveller game for about a year :( . The AvP game was a lot of fun (i played the medic Dobbs). The district 268 game was also very enjoyable (i played the navy gunner christian, oops about the mercs, i blame the ships targeting systems). Look forward to the next one.

Back