Traveller Compendium 3 - Now Available!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Traveller Compendium 3 is now available on Drivethru and, like its two predecessors, is jam-packed with Traveller goodness!

This third volume of the Traveller Compendiums collates the best articles, submissions and random scribblings of Traveller authors from around the world, and presents them for your campaigns. Inside you will find a new career, new ships, adventures, patrons, advice on running games, entire starports, and much, much more...

From the intricacies of Jump Space and Irklan assassins, to Aslan dynasties and patrons for the 2300AD universe, there is enough material here to spice up any campaign!

You can find it at;

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/119606/Traveller-Compendium-3?affiliate_id=7242

msprange said:
Traveller Compendium 3 is now available on Drivethru and, like its two predecessors, is jam-packed with Traveller goodness!

This third volume of the Traveller Compendiums collates the best articles, submissions and random scribblings of Traveller authors from around the world, and presents them for your campaigns. Inside you will find a new career, new ships, adventures, patrons, advice on running games, entire starports, and much, much more...

From the intricacies of Jump Space and Irklan assassins, to Aslan dynasties and patrons for the 2300AD universe, there is enough material here to spice up any campaign!

You can find it at;

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/119606/Traveller-Compendium-3?affiliate_id=7242
On the evidence of the preview it may also potentially be 'jam packed' with typos and editing issues. On my initial skim of less than 30 seconds I spotted at least one problem in the preview - 'my' for 'may' on page 6.

Mongoose QA continues to deliver.

There are some editing issues, but I'm impressed by the quality of the articles so far. The artwork also looks good - in particular the deckplans are very nice. A huge improvement over earlier releases!

Is there a way I can buy or get a printed version of it from the place selling it, and if so how do I do that please?

Thanks

Is there an index of what's in it? Just curious, I've submitted stuff... not bought it yet.. just curious what made it in...

Well, from the preview on the site and Matt's comments, it appears that my martial arts article, my Aslan Dynasty supplement, Matt's article titled On Assignment made it in. Since my aquatic alien article is off the main site, I'll guess that it made it in.

Following the grand Traveller tradition of inserting homage NPCs, I've done that with the Martial Arts article. For a fun exercise, let's see who can be the first to correctly identify the inspirations for all four of the Martial Arts NPCs in the book.

Big thanks to Matt for this opportunity. I love the pic of the Star Dragon. It's exactly as I pictured it!

Parenon said:
There is an Akadasi Type D starport in there.

Ohh I drew that, possibly the 1st map -not deckplan- I did commercially..
Paul wrote the text and did a drawing I made the map from.

So are there any thoughts on the book? I think that the Aslan Dynasty article is the best that I've ever done for Traveller. I'd like to hear some feedback! :D

I'm shocked. For once Megan's review seems useful and not the normal 5stars she assigns most everything as a 'featured reviewer'.

Her review provides FAR more useful information than what you can get of DriveThru. But what's presented isn't enough to get me to fork over $18 on what may be questionable stuff.

At times like this it would really pay for the publisher to take an hour or two and write up, I dunno, an index and maybe a few sentences (3-5??) per article to give people a better idea of what's being sold here. The price point makes it a bit high to get something of iffy potential value (especially with all the acknowledged formatting errors).

phavoc said:
I'm shocked. For once Megan's review seems useful and not the normal 5stars she assigns most everything as a 'featured reviewer'.

Who is Megan and where can I see her review?

IanBruntlett said:
phavoc said:

Who is Megan and where can I see her review?

She's a featured reviewer for DriveThru, usually gives a 5 rating to everything. If you go to the product you can see the option for Reviews and Discussions. Her's is the only review that's on there at the moment (or an hour or so ago).

Haha for a moment there I thought you were talking about a new book :)

That said, I don't own it, but it does sound interesting...

A few question for those that do own the book: how many ships are in it, and what kind/size are they? Are there full deckplans, stats and short backgrounds for all?

Back