Traveller Book 8 Robots: slots?

fmitchell

Mongoose
Maybe I'm thick, but I'm a little confused about slots.

A frame or unit grants slots, and most equipment consumes slots. Do manipulators give extra slots, or consume slots? What about transportation?

Thanks,
Frank

The type 3 frame has 10 slots-but arms cost 4 slots, and legs 4 slots also-doesnt leave much for upgrades.
or do the arm and legs add to the frame?
I would have thought arms and legs came with the frame?
maybe a few sample robots with cost would help?

lord senobio said:
The type 3 frame has 10 slots-but arms cost 4 slots, and legs 4 slots also-doesnt leave much for upgrades.
or do the arm and legs add to the frame?
I would have thought arms and legs came with the frame?
maybe a few sample robots with cost would help?

Size 2 arms/legs would be quite acceptable for a Size 3 robot. Indeed Size 2 arms give a similar capability to a normal human's arms.

And this then frees up slots for other uses.

Thread Necro.

Well I revere engineered the robot examples several different ways, and to tell the truth Im not sure what way is the way it was to be. The closest that most all of them been designed is that the limbs add Slots. One could not possibly fit all the components and the limbs if one were to count the limb slots as negatives to the body. Even then some of the designs had extra slots left and a few had not quite enough (probably didn't get checked very well)

What would be really helpful if one of the designers submitted the worksheets of the robots in the books. That would be extremely helpful in putting this to rest.

Or did they do this already and I just missed it. (have been away from mongoose traveller for a while and am catching up. :oops:

Back