Traitor's Manual Printing Problems

Parody

Mongoose
Noticed so far: pages 15, 19, and 33 of the Traitor's Manual have font problems in their sidebars. At least it's not in the main text! :(

All Paranoia projects are, by definition, perfect. Therefore, any font errors are not, in fact, errors, but are perceptual failures on your part. Please report to R&D for a new pair of improved eyes.

Parody said:
Noticed so far: pages 15, 19, and 33 of the Traitor's Manual have font problems in their sidebars. At least it's not in the main text! :(
I had the same problem.

This has been mentioned on Paranoia-Live.net and Ultra High Programmer Allan Varney was in on the thread so hopefully repairs to the fully functional book (Smiles at Friend Computer) can be put in place soon-ish.

*edit* D'oh me for not lookingat names, of course you know all this parody... you were there! :roll:

Just call me redundant...

LOL, I saw the errors and spent ages wondering if it was intentional or an accident.. er.. I mean, the result of commie mutant traitor sabotage.

So is there any word from Mongoose about what will be done to recitfy the printing errors? Would really like to know that somebody is looking into it.

So, any word on this issue? I know that many fans, including myself, would really appreciate any kind of comment on this problem...

Having just received my copy yesterday, and seeing what everyone's talking about here, I have to agree. Very hard to read...

Please tell me no one here is serious. Please tell me I'm ruining the joke here. Please.

Many thanks for the PDF... how could we have been so stupid as to think it was an error? :lol:

This gave me as much of a laugh as I got reading the manual... well done!

So, when can we expect a corrected copy of The Traitors Manual? I have two local stores with about 6 copies between them... all with entertaining (and of course utterly intentional - would The Computer ever make an error) misprints. I'd rather not indulge in purchasing a copy of something I know contains errors.

Might there be plans to offer a swap - either with individual buyers or stores, exchanging misprinted copies with corrected ones?

I'm aware that PARANOIA seems to be going through a bit of a disribution glitch at the moment - is this down to a lag waiting to clear stock before a total fresh run of everything? I'm just concerned that there will be no demand from stores for a fresh run of Traitors because they have plenty - which fans won't buy because they're faulty - therefore Mongoose doesn't get any sense of demand - therefore no reprint just yet - and so on.

Back