Tools for Frontier Living - Release Date ?

Marachai

Mongoose
Hi There,

I was just wondering if it would be possible to confirm if the supplement was coming out this month as listed, or if it was being pushed back again ?

Thanks,

Mara.

Tools has been revised a few times, and it looks like French Arm Adventures will leapfrog it. Will have some updated news on this next week.

Damn, I see you have moved the release to November now. I hope you actually manage to make that date ... Would be nice to see the supplement this year.

Mara.

Currently working on French Arm Adventures, then I am pretty much open for Tools - release date is me hedging my bets, hoping to bring it out before then!

msprange said:
Currently working on French Arm Adventures, then I am pretty much open for Tools - release date is me hedging my bets, hoping to bring it out before then!

Where there is a WILL there is a WAY!. Stay focused and do your best and it will happen soon enough. So when is the American Arm planned for?

LOL, Do my eyes deceive me or has the release date moved yet again for this supplement ? . Would be interested to know why the constant changes with this particular book ? ... I can no longer remember its original release date but it has to be a good 4 to 6 months late now.

Not wishing to burst anyone's balls over it, excuse my french, but it usually isn't a good sign when a books release date changes this amount (least in my own experiences).

Bri.

It looks like we will have no more Traveller this year as I can see the November and December dates easily slipping into January/February.

I am starting to think that Mongoose are now starting to concentrate their resources onto other product lines and Traveller is now on the back burner, hope I am wrong.

French Arm Adventures is currently in layout and having some of the last art done, and Tools will be up for editing next - got a little sidetracked with a 'surprise' Traveller supplement, but that is almost complete.

Tools did have some issues with one of its chapters, but it looks like they are resolved now - that was the (main) reason for the delay and schedule change.

I don't see a reason to keep a release date if a product has flaws. It's good that it's being resolved and released at a later time.

I fully agree. If there are flaws, best to fix them and get it right. Unfortunately just as often as I have encountered this approach with rpg companies I have had the other approach too, late and terrible. A product being late doesn't necessarily make for a better product.

I am sure though with Mongoose that its a case of fixing it and making it better. That said, it sounds like this supplement also suffered from work elsewhere on a "surprise" supplement ... So it isn't all about flaws and making it better.

Bri.

Back