Tom clancys : EndWar - M1A5 Grant main battle tank

soulman

Mongoose
Evening all, today i got the new official xbox 360 magazine, and saw the first screen shots of the new tom clancy game, its going to be a RTS game fighting all around the world, like risk....

Since the game is set in 2020, with future tech, i thought that when watching eurovision tonight ( its sad i know ) i put some stats to a new american main battle tank for the year 2020+

"It keeps me busy "..!!!!

so....

M1A5 GRANT MAIN BATTLE TANK
600 POINTS....

Move : 8"
Target : 8+
Kill : 14+
Armour : 1+

Tough : 5 failed rolls

Main Gun
Range : 100"
Damage : 1d10+6
This gun will auto pass any standed armour tests, as no armour can stand in its way
Against Advanced Tank armour its a -4 to the roll..

New Rules
* Advanced tank armour

Will stop any weapons that auto pass though armour, and turns them into standed armour save rolls

ie/ shooting at a standed tank this main gun will auto pass though the armour, but against another tank of this class it becomes a -4 to the armour roll to the tanks armour of ; 1+

This Tank as auto defence weapons used to shoot down any missiles and rockets ( not main guns ).

This system rules follows-

1. Any attack at this tank with a missile, the tank rolls a d6, and on a 5+ the turret system shoots down the missile.

2. The system does not work against missile attacks under 10", no time to lock on at this short range..

3. Any infantry between the missile and the tank, and within 10" of the tank will be hit with a d6 attack dice from this system against all troops in the unit.

UPGRADE DEFENCE TURRET
New laser based missile defence system

1. Shoots down missiles on a 6 on a d6

2. Still needs to targetover 10" to lock on

3. Being a laser weapon, no infantry between missile and tank will be hit.

Well thats it, my mind was racing with ideas, i used my ideas and also have a list of all wave 10 units, so i had rules for countermeasures for aircraft to turn into ground based systems.

Hope you liked some of the ideas.....
Alan

*Eeck* thats a lot more than 600 points of tank... its immune to kills and needs to fail 6 armour rolls to die, oh and its got armour of 14, and a D10+6 main gun... I would say its the equivalant to at least 7 Challies...

Because it's not big enough!

939209_20070509_screen001.jpg

medium_481350296_87d9d805fb_o.jpg

I just looked up the game, it looks awesome...

....... Then I found out I isn’t coming out on PC. Im not a happy chappie at this moment :evil:

Anyhow, soulman awesome work, but that tank needs to cost an insane amount of points 600pts is too cheap for a tank that can prob take down a 1500pts army with ease

Chiwie said:

....... Then I found out I isn’t coming out on PC. Im not a happy chappie at this moment :evil:

Anyhow, soulman awesome work, but that tank needs to cost an insane amount of points 600pts is too cheap for a tank that can prob take down a 1500pts army with ease

World in Conflict, while not set in the future, is looking WAAAY better than those lo-res console screens. I think I'll be happy wagging epic wars with 1980s tech and woodland camoed soldiers.

Sgt. Brassones said:
Holy Cow! Why don't you just call it a Bolo?

A mark IV perhaps? they were the first to mount energy weapons for point defense. and it could always be worst,he could have given it stats comparable to the Mark XXXIII :wink:

Armchair_Marine said:
Chiwie said:

World in Conflict, while not set in the future, is looking WAAAY better than those lo-res console screens. I think I'll be happy wagging epic wars with 1980s tech and woodland camoed soldiers.

true, World in Conflict may be the game to smack C&C out of my DVD drive....

Armchair_Marine said:

Funny, I think the first picture looks better than anything I've seen in World in Conflict, and that includes the nuke. The second picture is from a magazine scan, so you have to take that with a grain of salt.

Morning all, and thanks for liking my work the other night, you must remember its all based on 2 pages in the xbox 360, and me having all 10 waves of info to read though.

Many thanks to Hiroman for finding the pics to show people why i did it, and a big thanks to Chiwie, for the nice words...

As for the 600 points, i cannot say the cost really, maybe in the 800 doudle of a standed tank, i guess really that we can looking at the year 2020+ and its american, so they have the money etc to build them in bulk.

The Main gun is based around the German leopard 140mm thats coming to the mongoose game, with only a little upgrade.

The tank, well the Kill is 2 points up from normal, as in the advanced rulebook in the campaign game you can give a unit a upgrade in the armour, so now its 1 more above that.
Tough is based on the standed 4 for the best tanks around and add 1 for the new design.

The new Advanced armour idea is based on the fact, the as weapons get better, armour has to balance out as well.

Since the lastest main guns ( 140mm+ ) can pass though armour, i though a advanced armour to counter that, but of course only on the lastest 2020 tanks, smaller countrys, we stick to old 1970 to 2008 designs.

It should balance out, most weapons in Bf now will be upgraded by countrys with money to combat the newer tanks etc, be it a +1 to damage dice or a better -1 to armour roll etc.

Looking at the new stuff today on the battlefield, with top attack rockets, and the new missile defences for tanks etc, things are getting deadly out there....

My turret missile system is based on todays tech, the laser idea should be out in the future if break thoughs are made....
Thats based on the air units from a later wave

As for the infantry soldier in 2020, the real change i see is Body armour going from 5+ to body suits of 4+

standed countrys will have 5+

Poorer country may have a 6+ for Lt weight new design, its better then a t-shirt..!!!

Somebody has done a battlefield 2142 mod, i will look at see what his tanks are like to mine...

" The futures so bright, i got to wear Hy armour "

Thanks all

I did a 2142 mod but didn't get to the armor before life took a short dive. Of course someone else probably has done it too. And this is going onto the list of games I need to buy, along with World in Conflict and the expansion to Sword of the Stars.

Nekomata said:
I did a 2142 mod but didn't get to the armor before life took a short dive. Of course someone else probably has done it too. And this is going onto the list of games I need to buy, along with World in Conflict and the expansion to Sword of the Stars.

Sounds like you're a PC gamer, you do know that Endwar is only coming out for consoles?

I was wondering when someone would post something about EndWar. Thank you Hiromoon for the scans. :D

I'll admit that I'm looking forward to this game (got a 360, yo), and I must say that I find the infantry designs to be cool (although at one point I couldn't help but role my eyes. One of them was carrying a minigun :roll: ).
One thing to note, if you look closely at the assault rifles in the first picture Hiromoon posted, you'll notice that they look like "scified" versions of the XM8 (or G36, if you want to be cynical about it :p ). Possiblility of a scified XM29 OICW? I can only hope. :)

Armchair_Marine said:
Nekomata said:

Sounds like you're a PC gamer, you do know that Endwar is only coming out for consoles?
I have a 360, PS2(3 sucks), Wii, a DS, as well as many older systems including Dreamcast and genesis. I love all games that don't suck, from console to PC and pen and paper to table top.

Nekomata said:
Armchair_Marine said:
Nekomata said:

I have a 360, PS2(3 sucks), Wii, a DS, as well as many older systems including Dreamcast and genesis. I love all games that don't suck, from console to PC and pen and paper to table top.

Oh okay, I just thought that you did'nt have a 360. As for me I've never been a console game, gone from owning a Commodore 128/64 to Sega Game Gear and now a PC.

Armchair_Marine said:
Nekomata said:
Armchair_Marine said:

Oh okay, I just thought that you did'nt have a 360. As for me I've never been a console game, gone from owning a Commodore 128/64 to Sega Game Gear and now a PC.

Ha! I still have my Vic20! :shock:

Back