Think of all the stuff a Dredd game has to be able to do

cptnapalm

Mongoose
It only really just occured to me how complicated a Judge Dredd system needs to be... not talking about combat necessarily, but the bredth of what it needs to be able to handle.

Of course, there's the guns and the vehicles and whatnot.

There are the Dark Judges; that's horror.

Then there's all the different kinds of sports: aeroball, skysurfing, shuggy, etc.

There are investigations to be done, assuming Judges or a PI.

There are still pack animals, they're just mutie pack animals in the Cursed Earth.

Mass combat needs to be doable, a la the Apocolypse War.

There's the joy of alternate dimensions with Dredd in the Wizard of Oz.

There are still the fantasy creatures, such as the Werewolves in the Undercity.

While I'm sure I'm missing a ton more, I gotta say, I love the Judge Dredd Universe and mucho kudos to Mongoose for doing there all to give it all to us.... though still waiting on the Dark Judges *nudgenudge*

Couldn't agree more.
I've always said that Dredd is the easiest game to run because - provided you retain the dark, ironic humour - there is no such thing as a 'wrong' scenario.
From farce to horror, action movie to CSI-style investigation, space opera to rom com (citizens only, of course) it's all good.
Hoorah for Dredd.

speaking of western, i was thinking about western stuff. i might start a new thread about it, but does anyone know when there' s plans to bring out a texas city game?

we're thinking of doing a while in a western setting for one of our non judge campaigns. would we be better off doing it in the cursed earth or in texas city?
if possible i think we'd like to avoid the more radiation based stuff, so is texas city a plausible setting for a western (movie) type setting?

sorry if this is a bit off topic...

The Cursed Earth would appear to be the perfect place for a western.
A review of early Missionary Man plots would provide a sound framework to build upon.
I, too, love westerns, but I think I'll restrict my range riding to OGL Wild West.

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."
On corpse disposal, by a Josey Wales without the luxury of Mr Woo's (Deadwood) discreet services.

I've never tried OGL wild west, sounds good!

nice quote, that's another of my favourite lines from one of my favourite westerns...

oh by the way, rather off topic, but i just saw once upon a time in the west for the first time last week, and it's absolutely amazing.

thanks for the advice, it's a pity about the radiation though, huh?

y'know, i've never read missionary man, sadly i've always been more a graphic novel reader than a comic man, and i always used to read abc warriors, a bit of judge dredd, finn, that kind of thing.

shame, missionary man seems really cool, i should check it out.

While the Cursed Earth is perfect for a western setting, you couldn't avoid the mutations. Since it is a radioactive wasteland, there would have to be some forms of mutation among the population... unless there was a really good reason for it not being there.

Texas City is another city that has never really been covered. All I really know about them is that they successfully broke away from Mega-City One and Two to become their own entity, and that they wear the same uniform as Mega-City judges, except for a cowboy hat.

I'll have to dig around and see if there is any other info.

Arabin

hey thanks Arabin, don't put yourself to any hassle trying to find stuff, but if you run across anything i'd love to hear it.

"hey thanks Arabin, don't put yourself to any hassle trying to find stuff, but if you run across anything i'd love to hear it."

hey hope that didn't sound sarcastic, i genuinely don't want to put you to any trouble is what i mean.

Don't hold your breath though... I don't know if I'll be able to find much. When Marc Farrimond wrote the guide to Atlantis, he had to make most of it up because it simply didn't exist beforehand. I think a lot of the other cities are like that.

Arabin

Doc_Holliday said:
y'know, i've never read missionary man, sadly i've always been more a graphic novel reader than a comic man, and i always used to read abc warriors, a bit of judge dredd, finn, that kind of thing.

shame, missionary man seems really cool, i should check it out.

There is actually a Missionary Man collection from Titan Books. I don't have it yet, but my local comic shop is trying to get it for me.

Yep, there is one new copy left at Amazon.com as well... here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1840234652/qid=1100818367/

And the cover:

1840234652.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Arabin

Back