The Ultimate Triumph - REH Collection

terryallenuk said:
Well worth picking this book up as it's the only WS book not planned to go into a Del Rey reprint.

What's that, the others are? Does that mean I can get them as trade paperbacks? :shock:

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Yes eventually , the first Conan is out now , Solomon Kane is due June , the second Conan end of the year with Bran Mak Morn and Conan 3 next year.

Hopefully another deal will be done between Wandering Star and Del Rey for another 5 book package.

Terry

terryallenuk said:
Yes eventually , the first Conan is out now , Solomon Kane is due June , the second Conan end of the year with Bran Mak Morn and Conan 3 next year.

So is The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian a reprint of Wandering Star's Conan of Cimmeria? Does the Del Rey reprint contain all the same stuff, although obviously in paperback format?

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Please correct me if I am wrong. My understanding is, UT could not be released by Del Rey because no agreement could be reached about reprinting the Frazetta artwork.

Would it not be possible to get another artist to do the art for a trade paperback edition and then release it as a modified edition?

Mythos said:
Please correct me if I am wrong. My understanding is, UT could not be released by Del Rey because no agreement could be reached about reprinting the Frazetta artwork.

Would it not be possible to get another artist to do the art for a trade paperback edition and then release it as a modified edition?

Yes , that's correct about the agreement . I suppose it could be re-done but the idea behind the book was to combine Howard's stories with Frazetta's illustrations so it would negate the original idea , especially as Frazetta's Conan covers were so important when the Lancer books were launched.

Terry

Hello Terry and Mythos, could either of you - or anyone else for that matter - enlighten me to what the deal is with Frazetta and why it is so hard to use his artwork any more? I love his artwork, and hope to see more of it along with REH's work.

Frazetta's the frickin' man! :D

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Yokiboy said:
Hello Terry and Mythos, could either of you - or anyone else for that matter - enlighten me to what the deal is with Frazetta and why it is so hard to use his artwork any more? I love his artwork, and hope to see more of it along with REH's work.

Frazetta's the frickin' man! :D

TTFN,

Yokiboy

I don't know myself but I'll ask the question of the WS guys on my group . Though it could be just between Frazetta and Del Rey.

Terry

Back