The Spider God's Bride

Shadow Warrior said:
I'd better be getting it soon. I paid for it on advance order a year ago. I won't be doing that again!

Hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

It does seem that the pace of new releases for Legend and Traveller has ground to a halt recently though for the reasons that Matt has outlined. But I hope that when things start moving again we will see a flood of new goodies!

Prime_Evil said:
Shadow Warrior said:
I'd better be getting it soon. I paid for it on advance order a year ago. I won't be doing that again!

Hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

It does seem that the pace of new releases for Legend and Traveller has ground to a halt recently though for the reasons that Matt has outlined. But I hope that when things start moving again we will see a flood of new goodies!

From you lips ...

DamonJynx said:
This is still being released isn't it? It doesn't appear on the release schedule.

Haven't you heard? Just a few days more. :roll:

It has certainly had its challenges - however, I expecting proofing to be complete within a few days.

That was nearly a month ago.

msprange said:
Just trying to track down the proof reader at the moment...

That sounds ominous. I hope you're not armed.... :D

I still recon that this is an important product as it will show people who picked up the game on a whim what the Legend system can do in practice.

Prime_Evil said:
msprange said:
Just trying to track down the proof reader at the moment...

That sounds ominous. I hope you're not armed.... :D

I still recon that this is an important product as it will show people who picked up the game on a whim what the Legend system can do in practice.
I'm looking forward to it. It gets tough trying to come up with your own scenarios all the time. Sometimes it's nice to have something to fall back on where all the conversion (apart from perhaps the setting itself) has been done for you.

Prime_Evil said:

As a company, we are 110% behind this book - but, by the gods, has it been trying to publish it! I fully expect, when it is finally printed, to have the plane carrying it fall out of the sky...

Maybe it will become a notorious tome, where everyone who ever bought a copy has a mysterious but tragic accident. Gamers start whispering about bad things happening to those who play it. At conventions, small groups gather in hotel rooms under candlelight, to play through an illicit copy, only to find they start dropping like flies in subsequent days of the con.

Might be taking this too far...

thulsa said:
DamonJynx said:
Why don't you re-list it in the release schedule with status - 'Cursed' :wink:

That suggestion gets my vote! :)

- thulsa

Maybe the curse will be dispelled by seeing the product on the shelves!

Or maybe you will need to write several sequels to be sure that the curse has really been lifted... :D

soltakss said:
Deathdealer said:
Haven't you heard? Just a few days more. :roll:

That was nearly a month ago.

Far better than "Next Year".

If I see it before next year I'll be shocked.

If it is released at some point next year I'll be surprised.

I would not be surprised if it never appears.

Deathdealer said:
If I see it before next year I'll be shocked.

If it is released at some point next year I'll be surprised.

I would not be surprised if it never appears.

All I can say is, I truly hope you are shocked...and pleasantly surprised!

It would be a bitter disappointment if it never saw the light of day.

I agree with DamonJynx here ...

This was featured on this site when I joined up in 2011 as "available for preorder". I'd love to see this converted as I want to run it for friends. Soon!!!

If it's in the proofing stage, hopefully they are close to a production PDF.

Although this book is long overdue, it's an important release to get right as it is the first major adventure released for Legend and will do a lot to set the tone for the future.

Unfortunately, I worry that the gap between the release of the Legend rulebook and the first adventure for the system is now so great that the opportunity to build up some momentum may have been lost.

Prime_Evil said:
If it's in the proofing stage, hopefully they are close to a production PDF.

Indeed we are. We just need the proof back in our hands...

Prime_Evil said:
Unfortunately, I worry that the gap between the release of the Legend rulebook and the first adventure for the system is now so great that the opportunity to build up some momentum may have been lost.

Legend is still in the top ten on Drivethru - it still has momentum :)

Back