The Luminous Nebula

Snowed in up here in Northwest PA so messed around with Traveller and came up with this 200 ton Jump-5 design. A bit impractical but fun to make.

The Luminous Nebula.

http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/beta/Luminous%20Nebula.pdf

Enjoy
Rob Conley

[NOTE: thanks, link is now fixed]

Extras Fuel Scoop 1,000,000

Fuel scoops are already included in the price of a streamlined hull.

how oh how did you design that deckplan, looking to do something like this for my game group but cannot draw for toffee

chef

How do you get from the upper deck to the engineering deck? Are the dark grey areas near the aft airlock vertical shafts?

Also having the fuel processor right aft and on the upper deck means you're going to have to run fuel lines from the forrard fuel tankage and then back again right through (or next to) your main habitation area - I can think of some nasty failure modes with that set up. Of course it was added as a kludge to the initial design so that's probably part of the vessel's 'character'.

Nifty page layout and graphical look. I echo The Chef and fireyphoenix22's sentiments.

Regards
Luke

silburnl said:
How do you get from the upper deck to the engineering deck?

Via the 1.5 by 1.5 meter shaft near (f). It goes through the fuel taken into the bottom deck.

silburnl said:
Are the dark grey areas near the aft airlock vertical shafts?

Yes, the two square shaft has a cargo lift and can be sealed with a movable bulkhead when there is fuel down there.

silburnl said:
Also having the fuel processor right aft and on the upper deck means you're going to have to run fuel lines from the forrard fuel tankage and then back again right through (or next to) your main habitation area

Actually the three square area aft is where the fuel is being drawn in and it is released via ducting below. I suppose I should put as a quirk that it not usable when the aft tank is used for cargo.

silburnl said:
Nifty page layout and graphical look. I echo The Chef and fireyphoenix22's sentiments.

Regards
Luke

Thanks.

Rob Conley

The Chef said:
how oh how did you design that deckplan, looking to do something like this for my game group but cannot draw for toffee

chef

Try AutoREALM its free and similar to CC

www.gryc.ws/autorealm.htm

Check out Sturn's web site

http://www.ourstead.com/trav/shipyard/

And if you decide to download AutoREALM right click on the symbols and save as
Sturn's Traveller.AuSX

under the Library file of the AutoREALM directory

Dave Chase

Back