The lost tales

Ahriman said:
I have to say I hope we can get a hold of the presidental cruiser aka The New Valen Cruiser What an additon that would be! :lol:

Well if you are looking for well protected toothless ship :lol:

Would look cool though.

bondp99 said:
Equipped with Quantum Space. Twice as fast as Hyperspace. New Goddie from Vorlons who left this behind 8)

And the Interstellar Alliance is called the IA, not the ISA - will Mongoose have top change 2e to make the fleet name canon? :lol:

lastbesthope said:
Well ISN is Interstellar News and that abbreviation is canon so ISA is fine I reckon.

LBH

ISN is canon, but ISA is not - watch Lost Tales and listen to Sheridan speak about em. :wink:

If you watch the lost tales you will see that Sheriden Refers to the Interstellar Alliance as the IA fact so I guess that is the new short term for them now as the where formerly known as the ISA 8)

Be interesting to see if we get ships in ACTA from possible futures that presumably Sheridan will stop? :?:

Maybe then we can get the Shadow boarding teams / ships from Babylon Squared? :)

Da Boss said:
Be interesting to see if we get ships in ACTA from possible futures that presumably Sheridan will stop? :?:

I don't think there's any new ships made in the alternative future...

Heck those are just vorchans, same as before. What new ship anyway?

tneva82 said:
Da Boss said:

I don't think there's any new ships made in the alternative future...

Heck those are just vorchans, same as before. What new ship anyway?

New ship - people were talking about the Presedential cruiser?

Vorchans - they looked to have a totally different tail structure? but could be wrong? I figured they were Heavy Cruiser versions............

MustEatBrains said:
tneva82 said:
[Heck those are just vorchans, same as before.

Not true, not true! they got new tiddly-bits on their wingy-thingies, or somethin like that. (shouldn´t watch so much Invader Zim...)

So. They had to make the designs from scratch since original CGI models got lost. Still a vorchan though. With new look forced due to original models being lost.

Seems bigger than the old Vorchan, and even if it is just due to the old CGI models being lost, it's a new configuration of Vorchan as seen on screen, so "it's in the show", it'll be in the game.

thePirv said:
Seems bigger than the old Vorchan, and even if it is just due to the old CGI models being lost, it's a new configuration of Vorchan as seen on screen, so "it's in the show", it'll be in the game.

Yup. Nice alternative model for Vorchan.

tneva82 said:
So. They had to make the designs from scratch since original CGI models got lost.

Not necessarily - a few of the old models (like the starfury)could be salvaged, and they used those in the initial design stages for that peticular cgi-sequence. I guess the Vorchans are meant to look more evolved; it´s supposed to be a possible future after all.

MustEatBrains said:
Not necessarily - a few of the old models (like the starfury)could be salvaged,

Yeah. And obviously Vorchans were lost. Guess there just wasn't good enough fan-made model for vorchan like there was starfury/warlock...

tneva82 said:
MustEatBrains said:
Not necessarily - a few of the old models (like the starfury)could be salvaged,

Yeah. And obviously Vorchans were lost. Guess there just wasn't good enough fan-made model for vorchan like there was starfury/warlock...

The starfury were the originals... btw, they knew what a Vorchan looks like, so they could have just replicated en detail it, right? :wink:

Not that it really matters, the new version looks cool - let´s wait and see if TLT is covered by the license Mongoose has, and what kind of niceties we´ll get out of it! :D

Watching the video clip I can spot at least two differences which makes me think that those are new ships and not just Vorchans. The horizontal wings are shaped differently and there are 4 visible engines instead of the original two. Yes, the original CGI is kaput, however its not like there aren't enough examples to remake it true to the original.

Back