The Brivoki

H

Cosmic Mongoose
Now then, firstly I am back now the spam has gone and my works filter isn't having moments about russian wives etc. .

secondly, despite my misgivings and sadness at how things have been going with ACTA, I am playing a game on Saturday, and it's looking like Abbai V Brakiri, 5 war points. Now, My Brakiri fleet choice does Not contain a Brivoki, but I reckon my Mates Abbai Will, and Why not, it's a beast of a ship. But there have been frequent comments that the brakiri version is better than the abbai version based upon the fighters.
now then, Firstly, I don't personally care a great deal, the ship itself is a superb piece of kit, excelent weapons, shields, all round powerful secondaries, and the fighters are really neither here nor there. BUT for those of you who have commented on this, what would be the best way to fix it.

Now the brakiri pikatos comes 6 to a wing, incidentally what the Brivoki carries, while the Kotha comes 8 to a wing, so would a simple fix be to give it 8 Kotha?

Alternatively, It has a complex Abbai Shield system. Would the Brakiri have the know how to keep one working, would a way to balance this ship be to drop the recharge to 1D6 to show a lack of Brakiri understanding. Or even further, strip it's Shields and put in interceptors? in this instance i think that the Shield is powerful enough that it is way way superior to interceptors, so would possibly unbalance it the other way.

What do you folks think. As I stated The Ships power is not from it's fighters, and I don't believe it really needs them anyway, but it has them, and it's a sore point with some players, so fill your boots and explain how you would fix this in all fairness, reasonably small inbalance.

8 kotha sounds good to me. Enough to shut any whining abbai player up!!

As for lower shield recharge, I think the ship comes with a manual...!!

Burger said:
8 kotha sounds good to me. Enough to shut any whining abbai player up!!

As for lower shield recharge, I think the ship comes with a manual...!!

It's written in pacifistic Abbai though ;-)

Personally I think the 8 kotha is the easiest and best option myself

Personally I'd stick with it. It has 6 fighter bays - the fighters in it depends whose it is......

The difference in point value between 6 kothas and 6 falkosi is so small as to make no difference when compared to an armageddon-priority ship.

One could just as easily point out that the ISA Victory-class is better than the Excalibur since the latter doesn't get Ranger Crews.

making the Kotha's better is another way forward............

what model are they using? be interested to see?

The reason that the Brakiri version is better is that the Falkosi can be used as an interceptor, where the Kotha can't.

Dave

Well, with P&P, an Abbai special rule (regarding Shields) means that the fighter difference should be balanced out by the better handling of Shields by the Abbai version.

It's not the end of the story as the Brakiri get some love too but at least it's not a simple decision anymore :)

I proposed an abbai shield rule for second ed tier 2 malarky, but it got resoundingly ignored it seemed. Mayhap someone stumbled upon it and re used it, or just came up with something themselves.

katadder said:
problem is the brakiri special rules can also be used on a brivoki so again giving them back the upper hand.

Can you keep P+P playtesting discussions to your e-mails, it's not fair on the players who don't know.

Back