The Armageddon Book is in!

Morakas said:
Did they thank the play testers by name?
Yes, is Wulf Corbett his real name or did they just write forum names in the credits? ;)

They didn't give the proofreaders name and address for some reason. Could be that he lives somewhere in the desert in Nevada... a lakeside cabin by Groom Lake maybe... or maybe his details were omitted to save him from the lynch mob!

Burger said:
Morakas said:
Did they thank the play testers by name?
Yes, is Wulf Corbett his real name or did they just write forum names in the credits? ;)

They didn't give the proofreaders name and address for some reason. Could be that he lives somewhere in the desert in Nevada... a lakeside cabin by Groom Lake maybe... or maybe his details were omitted to save him from the lynch mob!

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/p...start=15&sid=c239c93ada1dc394da87a33c8e4801db

It's amazing what you can find with Google when you're bored enough...

Hehe... google can be scary.

How's the Exalted game going, Wulf? And, why have you been taking vid-caps of young girls at the Barcelona olympics? ;)

Excelent, now I can make a specific point of not buying a book that i don't need! Bring on 2nd Ed!

Burger said:
How's the Exalted game going, Wulf? And, why have you been taking vid-caps of young girls at the Barcelona olympics? ;)
Exalted going quite well, thanks. Although discovering one of the party is some sort of vampire (out of character I knew, in character I'm having some difficulty accepting it...) while on an town floating in mid air and shackled to the ground by living chains, crawling through sewers to get to the lair of a Deathlord, was... problematic...

I am, amongst other things, part of the British Gymnastic Press Team for events in Scotland. Evidently Google didn't point out my photo credits on the British Gymnastic website (they probably expired the pages). For a while I also supplied video clips (from TV footage) to various websites. I wasn't aware any of them were still active...

And although Wulf isn't my legal name (William is), I've been called Wulf since I was about 12.

Anything else? Shoe Size 10.

Wulf

size 10. right then, inside leg measurement, waist, alter egos at CP etc?

Wulf Corbett said:
Burger said:
And although Wulf isn't my legal name (William is), I've been called Wulf since I was about 12.
Wulf

Do you get copious amounts of facial hair, every full moon. Do you shy away from silver, and do you drool when you look at raw lamb chops :lol:

Reaverman said:
Do you get copious amounts of facial hair, every full moon. Do you shy away from silver, and do you drool when you look at raw lamb chops :lol:
I've had copious ammounts of facial hair for about 25 years, barring a couple of weeks after last Comic Relief day...

I tend to shy away from lamb chops and drool over silver though...

Wulf

sad to say, there's still misprints and typos...unless Particle Beams all of a sudden became AP Minibeams!

Chern

it's worrying that this far in, they haven't found the time to get a proof reader. I think it's fair to say that the two web supplements and the player designed sheets have a lot less typos and misprints, and we are doing this for free, and unless i'm much mistaken, we aren't book publishers!
( I will admit to some spelling errors in Mine and morgs supplement, but very minor stuff)

Wulf Corbett said:
Chernobyl said:
sad to say, there's still misprints and typos...unless Particle Beams all of a sudden became AP Minibeams!
What ship?

Wulf
One of the Hyperions... has "Particle beam" instead of "Medium Plasma Cannon".
I like the new Barkiri ship too, is it crewed by dogs?

yeah, saw that one too. forgot about it though.

the particle beam thing I mentioned was on one of the newer EA ships, might have been the Shadow Omega...don't have the book in front of me.

Chern

yeah think you right, its supposed to be one of its molecular slicers or whatever the shadow omegas secondaries are.

Well 20-30 typos/misprints were found in the tourney supplement to cover the time before Armageddon's release (the ItF II tourney) and these were pretty much taken page for page from Armageddon and this was mere days after it had been released. Check out other threads for this...

It is a beautiful book though and the content is comprehensive for what it tried to address. I think that more playtesting could have been done on some ships, principally the ones with (much) higher damage scores than crew scores...even on self-repairing ships!

Overall a good product, needs a few tweaks but it's almost there!

Back