Thank you Mongoose!

Trifletraxor

Mongoose
I'm still waiting for my books to arrive in the mail, but have been able to sneak a peak in a friends copy of the core rule book. I have a lot of issues with the new rules, as I am a die-hard old-school RQ fanatic. My rules will probably end up with being a RQ3 version inspired by MRQ & my own house rules, compatible to play the new scenarios.

I've only been on this forum a couple of days, and most of what I have posted can be seen as criticism. However, though I don't like the new rules, MRQ is water after a draught. RQ is alive again, which the high activity and emotion level on this forum is a good example of. The veterans here will probably continue pushing for rules more similar to the old ones (I know I will!), but for this new breath of life:

A THANK YOU TO MONGOOSE AND THE STAFF WHOSE WORK MADE MRQ POSSIBLE!

SGL.

A THANK YOU TO MONGOOSE AND THE STAFF WHOSE WORK MADE MRQ POSSIBLE!

You are very welcome...I just hope that you enjoy the Second Age work that I have done. It was a real pleasure, and I hope to have done Stafford's work justice.

Thanks again,
Bry

Hi,

I sort of agree with the spirit of your post. I'm happy too that Mongoose brought RQ to life again. It's a good feeling to hold a brand new hardcover with the RQ logo.

It's a real RuneQuest, it's a simple and fun game, it contains a few regrettable rules blunders and a not-so-nice character sheet.

So, all in all, thanks Mongoose.

But I would add something. Now, do even better. Make it an really GOOD RQ!
I'm sure you can. If the Conan precedent means something: it started with a corebook with was not perfect, but then it became an excellent line.

Cheers
Smiorgan

I will add my thanks.

I have played previous versions of RuneQuest for a long time. But it finally died from lack of support. We now have a new version out to revitalize the game. There has been a renewed interest in the game and I have been able to discuss the game on this forum. Something that I have not been able to do ever before.

So this makes me very happy. :D

But I will also agree with smiorgan. The game needs to be polished. I know that Mongoose wants to avoid another 'Atlantean' situation, but better that than to insist that there is nothing wrong with the game when there are obvious errors.

So do the right thing. Put up free errata to fix what needs to be fixed and go ahead and release a core RuneQuest book with all of the fixes in it.

I have to pony up and say thanks as well!

I have been hoping for something to break the d20 glut and this is it, I even tracked down some of my old RQ stuff and even my Stormbringer stuff to help with flavor.

We were more Stormbringer fans in the day but we like RQ as well. I have been playing with the rules and I like em, and would also ask put up the fixes and then print the "Pavis" edition ala Conan.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers Mongoosians! It can't be easy reading some of the threads on this forum, but most of us comment and criticize out of love for the game...most of us :wink:

I've said from the minute I got the SRD in the Developer's Kit that I was overjoyed to have RuneQuest back, even with all the changes from RQ3. Change is good, it makes sure a game doesn't stagnate.

Back