Telepathic Assault Clarification

Shayde

Mongoose
(Posted in Traveler subreddit but asking here as well)

So the text from Psionics on Assault under Telepathy in the Core Rulebook update reads:

Assault

Violence may be dealt by a telepath. Against an unshielded mind, the result is automatic unconsciousness and possible death. Against a shielded mind, an instant duel ensues. An unshielded mind, when assaulted telepathically, is rendered unconscious immediately and causes Effect x 3 damage. When a shielded mind is assaulted, the two telepaths make opposed Telepathy checks. If the attacker wins, the victim suffers damage.

Check: Formidable (14+) Telepathy check (1D seconds, PSI) Reach: Short PSI Cost: 8

My read is that in order to do any damage, you must achieve an Effect of 1 (doing 3 damage) - fairly nominal and probably weak considering the difficulty check and cost but ok.

My question relates to the duration of the unconsciousness on success. I suspect the listed time (1D seconds) is the time it takes to perform the Psionic Assault, rather than the duration of the unconsciousness but I could be wrong.

Does anyone have an official ruling or suggested DM ruling here?

Duration is for the assault. Unconsciousness should be as for recovery from a wound or other injury.
See page 83, Unconsciousness - basically an END check every minute.

Duration is for the assault. Unconsciousness should be as for recovery from a wound or other injury.
See page 83, Unconsciousness - basically an END check every minute.
Thanks - this seems like the best answer I've got so far. Nice find.

Back