Tauran Borderers: Best in the Land?

Yuan-Ti

Mongoose
I sat down and created a 1st Level Tauran Borderer to serve as an NPC who joins the PCs in their first adventure. He has Dex 16, Adaptability (Hide, Move Silently), and Favored Terrain +1 (Forest). I gave him 4 ranks in Hide and Move Silently...

:arrow: When inside a Temperate Forest, his Hide and Move Silently skill checks are at +11 :shock:

I still have not chosen his second feat... how about Stealthy? :) +13? :shock:

Of course your new character was immediately stuck on board a ship too! :D

It seems that certain classes and races just naturally go together and when you chose the combination, you get a much improved character.

Zingaran Pirate
Cimmerian Barbarian
Zamorian Thief
Hyrkanian Nomad
Stygian Scholar

Of course these are also the cliches of the Hyborian Age . . . and me: playing a Bossonian Archer!

Yuan-Ti said:
I sat down and created a 1st Level Tauran Borderer to serve as an NPC who joins the PCs in their first adventure. He has Dex 16, Adaptability (Hide, Move Silently), and Favored Terrain +1 (Forest). I gave him 4 ranks in Hide and Move Silently...

:arrow: When inside a Temperate Forest, his Hide and Move Silently skill checks are at +11 :shock:

I still have not chosen his second feat... how about Stealthy? :) +13? :shock:

What was his first feat? I made a tauran borderer for my first character. I gave him stealthy and armored stealth. taurans also get plains as a terrain from race.
1st level feat : stealthy
favored class feat : armored stealth

Actually, his first feat was Weapon Focus: Axe... since he dual-wielded and often threw an axe on his way into melee. :D

Yuan-Ti said:
Actually, his first feat was Weapon Focus: Axe... since he dual-wielded and often threw an axe on his way into melee. :D

When running a Hyborian Age campaign using the DQ rules, I had an NPC who was a Gunderman scout.

He dual-wielded with a hand-axe and a short-sword. In one encounter, he threw his axe, which (as DQ rules had) stuck in the body of a Pictish barbarian. He charged forward, the Pict attacked, and he tried to parry but somehow his short-sword was knocked out of his hands for some distance, into the water. Panicking, he then tried on his next action to dodge the Pict's attacks, and grab his axe out of the Pict's leg (where it was stuck). A critical success ensued, so he succeeded in getting the weapon. I noticed in the DQ rules that removing an impaling weapon did additional damage - and this time I maxed the roll, killing the Pict in agony as the axe was wrenched from his flesh.

The other characters were awestruck and thought he was a fighting god - though he was pretty weak overall, but had a lucky freak roll.

It was very cool in play, however.

Back