T5 - The Verdict

Reynard said:
Not that I can afford yet another iteration of Traveller but I still am curious just what is wrong with it. So far all I hear is very vague complaints as if no one actually read the thing. So, specifically, what are the problems? Be nice to judge on definate problems.

What I've posted in the several posts above will give you a taste of the problems in T5. It's not a comprehenisve list.

Of course, be your own judge. Everybody should be.

Some people are actually loving T5.

dragoner said:
Haters gonna hate?
I think it is not about "love" or "hate", it is mainly about a list
of errata which already covers more pages than the "light" ver-
sions of most successful roleplaying games - and continues to
grow.

I don't want to hate or dislike T5, I hoped with the influx of money a very nice product would be produced, even if I didn't like some aspects of it.

I am sorely disappointed that what was released was released. And that is about it.

rust said:
dragoner said:
Haters gonna hate?

I think it is not about "love" or "hate", it is mainly about a list
of errata which already covers more pages than the "light" ver-
sions of most successful roleplaying games - and continues to
grow.

Simple concepts for simple minds. ;)

If I remember from a Star Trek episode, "The more complex the mind the greater need for the simplicity of play.".

Supplement Four said:
I freakin' love the remastered old Trek. Great stuff. I bought all three seasons.

Yeah, usually I blow off most updates, but Original ST was intended to be "better FX than what is currently available on network TV", so upgrading it some works fine for me.

That said, I got the set for my wife for her birthday. Scored Major husband points.

Now thats a nerdlife triumph !

getting back on topic...

This review was posted on the Google+ Traveller board. Granted, it's not much of an indepth review, but if a book is so unfriendly to readers that they just get frustrated and exasperated then that's not exactly going to enouraging them to delve deeper into it to find something useful...:
http://fromkickassistan.blogspot.ca/2013/06/first-impressions-of-t5-day-that.html

Back