Suspicious About SST Evo?

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

It seems a few of you are a little suspicious about what SST Evo will entail - concerns about dumbing down of rules, how can the game fit into two sides of A3, and so on.

So, we'll preview it for you! Later this year, we will feature the rules sheet in S&P, along with a few MI and Arachnid units, so you can get a taste.

However, I think we can do better than that!

Got a Starship Troopers army? Free on September 30th? Then drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com

We are going to arrange some demo games here at our offices (Swindon, UK). You can bring your armies of original models and see how they can still be used with the new rules set. We'll just play the 'basic' game, that is the rules sheet rather than the main book, and you can see just how much we have managed to pack into it.

You won't be able to leave with the rules (sorry!), but you will be free to discuss them here and elsewhere when you get back home. We are pretty confident about SST Evo - we think you'll like it :)

msprange said:
Got a Starship Troopers army? Free on September 30th?

September 30th you say? Now that is nice timing :D

Maybe I'll pop along. Have to check how easy it is going to reach Swindon for me(sounds like a long trip though).

hmm. if only...anyway-since a lot of people won't be able to attend, why not get someone with a camera, and film some parts of the game to make sort of "promo"? no need to show the entire game if you want to keep the rules secret, but seeing the more interestion parts of the new system would be nice(even if on comp screen only :lol: )

Poko said:
hmm. if only...anyway-since a lot of people won't be able to attend, why not get someone with a camera, and film some parts of the game to make sort of "promo"? no need to show the entire game if you want to keep the rules secret, but seeing the more interestion parts of the new system would be nice(even if on comp screen only :lol: )

I'll have my Camera phone on me anyway :)

So, I wonder how I will get 4000 points of bugs and 4000 points of infantry onto a plane, past customs......

just a thought.

best regards

Dalton

We're playing a MI vs. Bugs game tonight, either 1500 or 2000 points per side depending on how many folks show. You're welcome to join us if you can jump on the next plane and bring the new rules with you! :)

If we can't get an army together in time (maybe a bit unlikely in my case) can we just turn up and still take part in all the fun?
Might be able to manage a 1000pt army though. :)

Ditto on that Low Roller, my mum is totally going to start complaining about me not working on my A-Levels :lol:

Very classy move, Matt.

While, I can't attend this show due to being on the wrong side of the Atlantic, this show of good faith is very welcome.

I'm still uneasy about how the move to SST:Evo treats pre-Evo customers but I am willing to listen to the reports of this event.

G&T

PS - My hat's off to you for putting up with the grumps on the board, Matt. Believe it or not, the raging and negativity is only because so many of us who supported this game (and comapny) did so becuase it was different and better than the norm. Without additional information, SST:Evo seems (seemed) like a 180degree turn. I hope you prove me wrong.

Games&Theory said:
PS - My hat's off to you for putting up with the grumps on the board, Matt. Believe it or not, the raging and negativity is only because so many of us who supported this game (and comapny) did so becuase it was different and better than the norm. Without additional information, SST:Evo seems (seemed) like a 180degree turn. I hope you prove me wrong.

what a poet, he condensed into one paragraph my feelings. (no im not being cynical) So i guess us Aussie players have to wait for a while before we get a crack?

combatdroid113 said:
Games&Theory said:

what a poet, he condensed into one paragraph my feelings. (no im not being cynical) So i guess us Aussie players have to wait for a while before we get a crack?

Join the Mongoose Infantry is all I can say, Combat.

And I'm stuck here in BC with 5 days till back to highschool! Oh well I'll be seeing the rules when they come :) , mmm more coffee again :lol: , anyways have fun dudes!

Back