Suspicious about SST Evo - The US connection

Hi guys,

This is for the US guys who want a chance to play the upcoming Starship Troopers Evolution rules.

We're going to run some demo games in New England, at Danger Planet in MA on October 7th.

Drop me an email at afennell@mongoosepublishing.com if you're interested in coming along. You'll need to bring along a SST army, and just like the UK game we'll be playing the basic rules that will be available in every boxed set.

Again, I'm afraid you can't leave with the rules, but you'll be able to discuss it once we're done for the day.

Hey all,

For those that are able to make it out to this event, in addition to Alex and the new rules being on hand there's even more SST fun to be had (as if that weren't cool enough already!):

-play on the tables that we brought to Gen Con in 2005. Check out the table galleries here.

-pick up the models you've been looking for to fill out your armies from our available inventory.

-and more!

Look forward to seeing you on October 7th!

Good gaming,

B

IT's a bit far to travel even for a canadian who live in southern ontario!

of course, being a poor student doesn't help....

Steve

uh, time to explain Canadian hyperbole and verbage...

Basically, we're a bit weird and rather than saying "There's no bloody way we can do a 7000+ km round trip with a psychotic customs force in the way waiting to detroy our figs just to see a game that as MI we should have some information about so we can tell people about it, so you'd better give us something." we say we don't have the budget and ask politely if they can accomodate us, being as though Mongoose is a nice company and hopfully understands that travel of that magnitude is simply a bit much for anyone.

-John

Why don't you just give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice in it? :evil:

Seriously, that sounds like a blast. And the tables look especially mouth watering.

Mongoose Alex said:
A quick update for everyone, we're going to be kicking things off from 12 noon on the 7th.

On behalf of all those who cannot be there please take lots of pictures!

Jeff

Hey all,

Bump from page 2.

If anyone's planning on being in the New England area (USA) on October 7th you're invited to join us and Alex to learn the rules for the upcoming Starship Troopers Evolution at high noon.

If you're not able to make it, don't worry. We are planning on snapping pics ;)

Good gaming,

B

jbuckmaster said:
Any chance of a Canadian Connection? Or at least Western US? That's a bit far to travel on a writer's budget.

-John

Maybe I can write, or persuade Matt to write a battle report for a SST:Evo game and post it here to give everyone a little taste.

Would that be helpful to those who can't make it?

Voracioustigger said:
Maybe I can write, or persuade Matt to write a battle report for a SST:Evo game and post it here to give everyone a little taste.

Absolutely! That would be most appreciated!

Jeff

Jeff Cope said:
Voracioustigger said:

Absolutely! That would be most appreciated!

Jeff

Remember, I don't know if this will happen for sure or not, so if you really want to get some inside info, you still better try to make it!

(For all those of you who saw my post and decided to stay home :) )

Back