Stygia - Out Now!

I've also had some very good experiences with Amazon. Stygia arrived when they said it would (albeit late compared to some) and with my latest order they split the order to get me the stuff they could send.

If you are utilizing the free shipping then I think you are definitely on their low priority list. That's how I see it.

Any of you know if the book is at stores now? I can't order the book cause the shipping would be more expensive than the book itself, so I'm waiting but my local store doesn't know anything about it.

Vincent791 said:
Any of you know if the book is at stores now? I can't order the book cause the shipping would be more expensive than the book itself, so I'm waiting but my local store doesn't know anything about it.
Yes, Ruins of Hyboria, Stygia, and Tito's Trading Post are all available now, and I've seen each of them in the local bookstore where I live. Hope that helps.

By the way, have you tried looking for available titles on Ebay? That's where I got my copy of Ruins of Hyboria, I found cases where shipping and offered price were less than Amazon.com or the local store (where I paid full price for Stygia).

I already got Tito's, hope to have better luck this week with Stygia and Ruins of Hyboria.

About Amazon and Ebay, the thing is that I live in México so the cost of shipping is high. So I better wait for my local store to bring it.

BTW, how's Ruins?

I just got it last Friday. Lost power to my apartment over the weekend, so between high temperatures & humidity, and trying to get the power company to fix the shortage of electricity, I haven't had as much time to look as I would have liked. But from opening the book at work and looking it over quickly, I'd say it's very well written. Has examples of ruins which occurred in several (Howard) stories, such as the Isle of Iron Statues and the Green City, as well as notes on how to create your own customized set of ruins.

The maps inside look great, and my quick read at the inside contents impressed me on both it's organization & layout, and how Vincent wrote the book. While it is more of an optional book to buy for a GM than say the main rulebook (or a locale book like Stygia or Aquilonia if you're basing a campaign there) it is a great book for any enterprising GM. I would VERY STRONGLY caution against players looking at the book however. :evil:

Assuming I get time to actually read it, I'll probably write a response to the thread about both Stygia and Ruins at some later point. Anyway, hope this helps. :)

And Diamond didn't list it in their catalog, AGAIN! So I couldn't order it through my local comics shop.

They missed both Stygia and Messantia. Which I just recently ordered through an online game store.

I have no idea what is up with that company.

As someone who has studied ancient Egyptian culture academically, been on archaeological exvazations in the region, and can tell you first hand that Cairo is, in one stroke, the most vibrant and the most smelly city I've even been in, I can only offer Mr. Darlage my thanks for another extraordinary book (and my player who is running a Stygian scholar thanks you as well, bur for very different reasons!).

I particulary enjoyed the nw treatment of religion..i.e., the various levels of mysteries one can be initiated into and the costs and benefits of each level of initiation.

If you haven't picked up this book, you're seriously missing out. And as an aside, I love the new Thoth-Amon; his new stats and write up more closely match how I always envisioned him.

Back