Starting Fleet? Yes I've searched . . .

Hi,

Thinking about picking up some initial models (Minbari), and I was leaning towards the force I had used the other night in a 5 point Raid - a Morshan, two Tigaras, and a Leshath. I'm looking for a) fighters, b) a reasonable all-comers fleet, and c) ships I will continue to use in larger games. Is this viable, or am I completely off base? Do I need to have a neutron laser to have a chance, or can I get by without one?

FMB

I'd throw a Tinashi in there somewhere, but I like big ones ;)

Your selection certainly satisfies (a) and (c), and not too bad at (b). Against Vorlons of course, you're mullered.

well i like the teshlan fast cruisers which are tigara variants and come with neutron lasers, you do need to keep your range with the newer stealth rules coming out in armagedoon but tigaras are good for jumping in on ur opponenet.

Same here; I prefer the Teshlan over the Tigara, because it ha the same weapons as my favourites (Sharlin and Tinashi) - as I understood it, you don´t have SFOS yet, right? The Teshlan is in there (and it´s a Raid choice, just like the Tigara).

Apart from that, I think your starting fleet should play very well against most opponents!

Burger Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:53 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your selection certainly satisfies (a) and (c), and not too bad at (b). Against Vorlons of course, you're mullered.

Mullered?

Is that something like doomed?

Hi,

If I use one of the variants, how is it represented? Do I simply use the primary hull, and notify my opponent what it counts as?

And why will Vorlons involve rice pudding?

FMB

yes for varients use the normal model and tell your opponent
Vorlons involve rice pudding only because thats all that will be remaining of your fleet after meeting them

Hi,

So, is the Rice Pudding effect typical of all Vorlon encounters, or would it only be typical for the fleet I outline. Either way, why?

FMB

If you want to start a Minbari fleet I'd recommend getting the boxed set. You get 3 Sharlins, 4 Tinashi, 2 Tigara and a Neshatan (plus fighters and flyers). That gives you more than the points needed for a campaign-level fleet (13 at battle I think).

@variants: YOu could always paint a miniature a little different from the rest of your fleet if you know that you´re going to always use it as a variant, but you don´t have to, as long as you tell your opponent about it.

Iain McGhee said:
If you want to start a Minbari fleet I'd recommend getting the boxed set. You get 3 Sharlins, 4 Tinashi, 2 Tigara and a Neshatan (plus fighters and flyers). That gives you more than the points needed for a campaign-level fleet (13 at battle I think).

Not enough below battle level, though. Buying the fleet and reinforcements boxes gives you at least one of every Minbari ship in SFoS, I believe.

Fireymonkeyboy said:
Hi,

So, is the Rice Pudding effect typical of all Vorlon encounters, or would it only be typical for the fleet I outline. Either way, why?

FMB

Muller is a company that make a selection of rice pudding and yoghurt based desserts.

A bad joke/pun, my apologies :lol:

LBH

It's still worth getting if you're starting a Minbari fleet. Economically if nothing else. But then I always prefer to field the larger Minbari ships whenever possible. As with most of the sets you'd really need to round it out with singles. My own Minbari fleet added 2 more Tigaras, 4 Torothas and a Morshin.

Back