Started to read

Rulandor

Mongoose
As a long time fan of classic Traveller and a first time Mongoose forumite I just want to chime in: Currently reading character generation and VERY pleased with it, not the least about the point buy option.

While I prefer the previous experience system, I know several roleplaying friends who do not like imponderabilities in any character generation.

Just one potential house rule jumped to my mind: make the Citizen career a free one like Drifter and Draft.

Like, every character with the potential to become a galactic adventurer should be able to work in a civilian profession. Or shouldn't he?
:)

Rulandor said:
Like, every character with the potential to become a galactic adventurer should be able to work in a civilian profession. Or shouldn't he? :)

I think he should, provided he has at least Level 1 in at least one skill
useful for a civilian profession - which should not be difficult to have.

Well, it's darned near an automatic qualifier now. Edu 5+ isn't a big hurdle, so I doubt many people would cry "broken" if you make it automatic. It does seem odd to me that it's easier for a character to become a Merchant than to become a Citizen. Not odd enough for me to do anything about, but odd and funny. :)

Back