staff of ibis

toothill man

Mongoose
just a quick note to say the new roleplaying signs #37 has a brilliant conan adventure called the staff of ibis for 9th level players 8)

Hope you guy's like it. If you have any questions please email. If you have suggestions...well it's too late, it's already in print. :lol:

Eric in Vegas

I like it strange to say but the fact while I have the maps and the 2 villians for the main tomb the rest of the defences are left to me means the group has no warning but the map work has been done 8)

Hey Guy's,

I would really like to hear what you guy's think of this latest adventure. Good, Bad or some where in between. I wan't to hear what you think.

As a bonus, if you give me some feedback on this adventure I will email you a part of the adventure that never made it to print. A bonus adventure for FREE!!!!!!!!!

It's not a full length adventure, but it will easily fit into this campaign or perhaps in your own worlds adventure's.

Just leave some feedback and then send me a personal email at: EricKRod@cox.net

Thanks,

Eric in Vegas

Heavy on the monsters, but it is mysterious Stygia. About the only quibble I have is the magic item that gives a feat. Didnt feel Conan to me, but overall, pretty solid. I would use it.

Mad Dog

Maddog,

Thanks for the reply. Give me your email address and I will send you something extra.

Eric in Vegas
EricKRod@cox.net

*** SPOILER WARNING ****

A solid adventure with nice sword and sorcery flavor. The background story and the encounters make sense. I agree with what MadDog said, it's a bit heavy on the monsters, but after all this is Stygia.

On a side note, I dislike the whole "good vs evil" setup between the cults of Ibis and Set, but I guess that's Howard's fault. :shock: I would like to see the cult of Ibis portrayed with some ambiguity, instead of the do-gooders they always seem to be (the same can be said of the cult of Mitra, which probably has its zealous inquisitors and the like). The moral should be that all religions are corrupt to some degree.

Anyway, back to the adventure. The Kiss of Set ritual gives the recipient a lot of power points initially and as he levels up. This would be broken were it not for the fact that the ritual is meant as a plot device for NPCs (and this is clearly stated).

One question: Hsis'Arul and his mercenaries are headed from Stygia to Kaetta in Shem to stop the priests of Ibis. However, when the PCs go south from Kaetta and into Stygia across the bridge of Nebheth, Hsis'Arul and his men are suddenly behind the PCs (on the Shemite side of the river). Does this mean they crossed over to Shem somewhere else, went to Kaetta (and defeated the priest of Ibis?), and then go south towards Stygia again? Looking at the area map, it would make more sense if the Stygians actually came up from the south, and followed the tracks of the PCs to the ruins of Hepthnon, without ever going into Shem.

On the whole, a good and solid adventure.

- thulsa

thulsa said:
On a side note, I dislike the whole "good vs evil" setup between the cults of Ibis and Set, but I guess that's Howard's fault. :shock: I would like to see the cult of Ibis portrayed with some ambiguity, instead of the do-gooders they always seem to be.

I am of the same opinion; I am surprised my revision of Ibis in Stygia (and to an even stronger degree in Faith & Fervour) has received no comment from anyone. I made their animosity more political than moral.

Anyway, I liked the adventure, Eric, and am glad it finally saw print. I hope more of your adventures find their way into print. It is excellent work, as I told you before.

VincentDarlage said:
I am of the same opinion; I am surprised my revision of Ibis in Stygia (and to an even stronger degree in Faith & Fervour) has received no comment from anyone. I made their animosity more political than moral.

I actually noticed that. I liked the part where you wrote in the books that the priests of Ibis know things no man should know.

As for the adventure, when one of my groups passes through Stygia, I will run it. It seems a very nice adventure overall albeit a bit monster-heavy, but good nonetheless.

Looking back I should have described or explained in the adventure that Hsis'Arul had learned thru the dark arts that a threat from Ibis had gathered in the ruins of Kaetta. Hsis'Arul gathered his mercenary's and headed across the Styx at a different point.

However once the characters left Kaetta and were heading toward the ruins of Hepthnon, Hsis'Arul's dark arts revealed to him that the 'Threat' to Set was heading in a new direction, hence their turn about and coming from behind the adventures.

My fault. Also the 'heavy on the monsters' part was definately because I felt that an adventure in Stygia should have more supernatural ecounters, but a GM can easily take them out of the adventure.

I know a lot of people are discussing whether or not Ibis should be considered a 'good' god. My 'personal' opinion is that he fights against Set and that makes him, at least most of the time, good in intentions. I'm not arguing with Vincent or trying to make everyone see him the way I do. I just think the world is too heavy on the evil and demonic gods. One small but good god add's a little flavour in my humble opinion.

Please send me your personal email addresses so I can send you the bonus side adventure.

Eric in Vegas

the whole point is as alies the west belive them to be good 8) but that could all be wrong and a saga in its own right as another face of set is seen :twisted:

have the add on bit and it is good love to see the faces of the group when they face a monster in its condition :wink: :twisted: :shock:

Back