SST Box Design

What box style do you like better?

• Box art

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Model pictures

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ok.. i like the idea of having a well painted model on a background of box art.. just so you can see exactly the model youre getting and a cool scene.. then instructions on th eback for assembly.. or more model pics

I voted box art but it needs to be GOOD box art...which probably means it costs GOOD money which adds to the cost (which makes the minis more expensive). Boo.

But But BUT!!! Taking a longer view, I'm willing to have (theoretically) more expensive minis if it means helping the line continue to develop some character (whatever that happens to be). I want SST the GAME to grow. I think SST the hobby will take care of itself with or without a box at all.

Simply putting a pic of a painted mini on the cover is OK for somebody who's looking for a model to simply build one...but the pic does not immediatly stir the imagination and that's what gets new GAME PLAYERS to take the dive.

I think you could get modelers to buy minis if you just stick'em in a plastic bag or blister and be done with it...the box art ain't for modelers. If they like the mini, they've probably made the decision to buy well before a box hits the shelf.

But the life blood of the mini gaming industry, however, is being able to inspire the imagination (or else, why bother using anything else but plastic green army men for playing games). Box art tremendously adds to the atmosphere and character of game...just make sure it looks good.

G&T

well, if anyones bought the new skinnie raiders, you'll notice they use stickers and stick them to a generic box with no pictures on it except for a skinnie, a warrior bug and a cap trooper on the sides (1 on each).
It looks rather tacky.
I like a mix of both, art on one side, blending into the miniatures on the other. But generally, I prefer minis on the front, It makes me pick it up, and look onto the back for better pictures. :wink:

Rob

Rob_alderman said:
well, if anyones bought the new skinnie raiders, you'll notice they use stickers and stick them to a generic box with no pictures on it except for a skinnie, a warrior bug and a cap trooper on the sides (1 on each).
It looks rather tacky.

Several of the newer models have the stickers on the generic boxes. I agree that it doesn't look quite as professional or polished as unique boxes, but I can certainly understand why Mongoose chose to go that route. It's got to be less costly to use the stickers/generic boxes.

I say use the sticker boxes and cheap product if SST is still trying to egt their product out there, in places there isn't any and switch to something more professional ASAP.

Presentation is everything, and box art isn't a bad way to go if you get a pick of painted models on the back.

Box art is what GW is using at the moment, maybe there's something to that...

Model kit companies use super-professionally painted models, or artwork.

Personally, I vote for the art.

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Back