Squadron Boxes

Its great to see it is being worked on, that much made both me and my friends very happy.

I have to admit, I did a *lot* of word of mouth advertising for ACTA:SF, and he bought those boxes based on my praise. Which I guess is what upset me more then usual. lol.

However, he's gotten it taken care of. FLGS is working with him to resolve the issue!

When I bought my 1st squadron boxes of feds and klingons I found there were some minor issues with the klingons but overall the casts were pretty good. The feds had quite a few poor casting issues on them, one very bad.

I have just received my 2nd 2 squadron boxes of feds and klingons and the results are not much different. Klingons are pretty good, feds deffinitely less so.

Not sure how Mongooses moulds work but the problem seems to be the engine nacelles on the federation ships, i am guessing it is some kind of 2 part mould because there is some degree of misallignment or heavy mould line on almost all the fed engine nacelles. Non as bad as the worst one in the 1st squadron box, but the consistency in errors makes me think they need to do something to improve the accuracy of the mould allignment on fed engine nacelles.

Yes an evening with a dremel, a knife and some green stuff can fix all the issues but I know someof you don't want to have to do that....

Once finished and assembled though you have to admit they are lovely models, i just wish a little less effort was required to get to that stage :)

I have had a similar experience to Andy. My Fed DN saucer needed major work, a hole was found in the FF nacelle, and the nacelle's on the CA were mis aligned. I am one who doesnt mind doing a little work as I play the game and have waited long enough for these, not going to wait longer waiting to get replacements in when i can fix them in a few minutes. My klingons look great. I only have the two boxes so I cant say if they are improveing. Ill find out when I get my fleet boxes. They do look great when they are all painted up though.

yeah.. and now they are raising the prices of the box sets to match.. considering models are still rolling off the line looking like this.. Im sorely tempted to just not bother with it at all.

I could understand the price hike if the models were coming out near perfect... but they quite simply aren't.

Quality control should be affected in a positive way by the price increase. That is my understanding and that is what I am telling ADB's customers.

Jean

If it works then it is worth it, quality control is really not great at the moment, I would rather pay a few quid extra and get good models.

Of course paying a few quid less and getting great models would be even better :)

I have to say as someone that is still yet to get the squadron boxes I ordered I think the price rise for squadrons is a joke if you think the reason is quality control. Look at the facts they got 3 times the orders than they thought they would for this game and they still have not mailed out most of those boxes they saw how popular the game was and want to raise the price to cash in for the re-launch it has noting to do with quality or anything else.

MarkDawg said:
I have to say as someone that is still yet to get the squadron boxes I ordered I think the price rise for squadrons is a joke if you think the reason is quality control. Look at the facts they got 3 times the orders than they thought they would for this game and they still have not mailed out most of those boxes they saw how popular the game was and want to raise the price to cash in for the re-launch it has noting to do with quality or anything else.

Where is your /end sarcasm? Or are you for reals being serious.

Honestly, its probably a little bit of both.

Look at it honestly, if your product, as it is, is selling extremely well.. you want to make more money, and offer even better quality. So I *can* understand the reasoning behind it.

However, when I place an order here in the next week.. how will I know that my increased payment will get me one of the *new* boxed sets, and not some leftovers from the previous boxes in a warehouse someplace?

More importantly, without knowing for certain which boxes are from which batch.. there's really no real way of judging it besides waiting a few months till all the old stock is gone/moved.

I know for a fact that if I open those 3 boxes at 40 bucks a box.. and the models are junk.. Im returning them for a full refund, and walking away for good.

As with any business in my eyes, you get one shot to make me a customer for life.. you blow that shot.. and there is plenty of other games I can play instead.

Nazgull2k1 said:
However, when I place an order here in the next week.. how will I know that my increased payment will get me one of the *new* boxed sets, and not some leftovers from the previous boxes in a warehouse someplace?

There _are_ no leftovers. Anywhere.

Whether £25 or £30 it is still cheaper than the ABD 2400 line. £25 a squadron box was a damn steal, but at £30 you are still saving a third against blisters (the only issue being millions of useless dreadnoughts).

Ben2 said:
Whether £25 or £30 it is still cheaper than the ABD 2400 line. £25 a squadron box was a damn steal, but at £30 you are still saving a third against blisters (the only issue being millions of useless dreadnoughts).

You could always sell those extra DNs or trade for a pair of Frigates/destroyers. :D

Or turn a DN into a wreck and use it as a derelict mission objective.

Ben2, I'm not sure where you are getting your prices to claim that the 2400 line is more expensive. ADB's 2400 line is now less expensive per Squadron Box ($34.95 v.s $39.99). The prices for the individual Starline 2400 series vary by the ship. The discount for buying them by the box is less, but then the individual minis are exceptionally low priced. Unless you are counting in any fees or such?

The difference is that the 2500s are larger, resin, and far more detailed.

Jean
Doing her marketing thing ...

msprange said:
Nazgull2k1 said:

There _are_ no leftovers. Anywhere.

LOL! Good point.

I must have had the last of the leftovers in the mail this morning, more flash than a mirrorball factory :D and some bits looked like they were moulded in 2 different timezones. Still will slap some smudge on them and try the game if i dont like it will go back to fedcom

In the UK I've seen them priced at £35, but it might also be a function of there not being that many places I've come across that stock them.

pobolycwm said:
I must have had the last of the leftovers in the mail this morning, more flash than a mirrorball factory :D and some bits looked like they were moulded in 2 different timezones. Still will slap some smudge on them and try the game if i dont like it will go back to fedcom

If you are unsatisfied with the conditions of your minis, contact Mongoose/Matthew, they should replace them. I've been pretty upset with them lately, but I will say that Mongoose has ALWAYS been good about this.

Back