Sov Judge Colors?

gospog1

Mongoose
Hey all, hoping for some help here.

I have the collected Apocalypse War, which is in black & white. It is my only Dredd book with pictures of Sov Judges in it.

So I have a reference for making a Sov Judge miniature (which is what I am doing) but now, as it nears completion, I don't have a good idea of what colors to paint it.

Can anyone point me to a color picture of a Sov Judge, or just tell me what color to make the trim, shoulder pads, gloves, etc...?

Thanks in advance! :D

-Tom

gospog1 said:
Hey all, hoping for some help here.

I have the collected Apocalypse War, which is in black & white. It is my only Dredd book with pictures of Sov Judges in it.

So I have a reference for making a Sov Judge miniature (which is what I am doing) but now, as it nears completion, I don't have a good idea of what colors to paint it.

Can anyone point me to a color picture of a Sov Judge, or just tell me what color to make the trim, shoulder pads, gloves, etc...?

Thanks in advance! :D

-Tom

Hi Tom,

You may want to try the following links if they are of any help. Mostly the uniform tends to be black/blue with red pads and boots.

http://www.simonfraser.net/images/dredd/Club%20Sov/Club_Sov_Page1.jpg

Or you can check out Kevin Dallimore's site below for some painted Dredd figures including Sov Judges.

http://www.kevindallimore.co.uk/index.html

Hope this helps.
Marc

Marc, this is exactly what I was looking for and I thank you from the bottom of my little, black heart.

8)

-Tom

gospog1 said:
Marc, this is exactly what I was looking for and I thank you from the bottom of my little, black heart.

8)

-Tom

Here's the Apocalypse War era colour scheme in full...

sovs.JPG

After searching through the attic this morning and looking through my copies of 2000AD I managed to find a few pictures of Sov Judges, but sadly my scanner isnt working right now. Basically if you paint them with red pads as in the picture Matt posted and do the bodysuit in black and then give it a wash of dark green it should do the trick.

Marc

Back