sorcerous healing fitting genre

afro-slav

Mongoose
I just had a thought on a sorcerous type of healing that IMO fits the genre.

What if a sorcerer had to sacrifice a victim to obtain its life to heal himself or others. Maybe it would be a direct life force transfer. Or maybe they have to drain the blood of the victim and drink it.

It would have to be human.

The idea is NOT to have instanteous D&D healing but something were the character would have the chance to heal faster than normal wounds.

Maybe they would heal fully in 24 hours or get their full con stat back per day per pt. If they had a 14 con they would get 14 back per day.

It would work for poison and disease the same way but it would be transfer to the victim perhaps.

Thoughts, suggestions etc...

Thanks

Afro-slav

I think it's a neat idea, but it doesn't seem to fit within the rules for draining PP and all that. Now, if it were simpler, like a means of converting PP into HP...then human sacrifices would be the best way to get lots of it more quickly. Drain a group of virgins dry of life and then use the overabundance of PP to heal one's self.

The problem is that normal Hit Points heal very rapidly and only Stat damage is really hard to get back.

I can't remember the exact rate of healing in Conan. Isn't it STR mod x 3 + Character LVL + 3 per day? That's a huge amount of hit points back.

Also, dont' forget that Conan RPG starts to replie less and less on HP as one increases in LVL. Since PCs are only gaining minimal HP after 10th level, emphasis on critical blows and avoiding combat are probably the way to go.

Dont' get me wrong, I like the idea. I just can't see it being better than normal healing the way that the system for both natural healing and PP drain currently opperate.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the healing equation. I'm going from memory there, and it ain't what it used to be...lol.

I think the immortality style kinda touches on this. I don't think much more healing needs to be added to the game really.

The Suburbian said:
Maybe...temple prostitutes? :shock:
This reminds me of the video game GTA... only here it might be Grand Theft Aquilonia?

I suppose having "healing benefits" might add a whole new dimension to the traditional "whoring" that most adventurers pursue with relish already. ;)

I tried incorperating tradional hit point restoration spells into Raven's Rules for Sorcery but I think it didn't work well. So the healing magics of the Life & Nature sphere of version 1.2 will be more in the order of seeding up natural healing as opposed to instant regeneration, which I think fits the genre better.

By that do you mean that they'll augment natural healing rate instead of "blue glow = cuts seal" kind of D&D healing?

I'd even say that you could look into the herbal side of it. It'd fit your realisting occult aproach - you know, in the way that Native Americans believe payote has healing and spiritual properties...

Sutek said:
By that do you mean that they'll augment natural healing rate instead of "blue glow = cuts seal" kind of D&D healing?

Correct.

I'd even say that you could look into the herbal side of it. It'd fit your realisting occult aproach - you know, in the way that Native Americans believe payote has healing and spiritual properties...

Hmmm...impressive as I am I have limits y'know. I was planning on setting the core rules and some spells down first then adding 'supplements' as time and opportunity allowed. Of course my rate of writing would be greatly augmented if perhaps someone else already knowledgeable wanted to help do research perhaps? ;>

Back