Song of the Beast Gods & Sheoloth

Bifford

Banded Mongoose
I recently picked up a hard-copy of the World of Xoth book, Citadel Beyond the North Wind.

I notice that The Spider God's Bride is in print (and will want that at some point) but that book 2, Song of the Beast Gods is not in print format.

What's that about? Is that going to be printed some time?

I also picked up Sheoloth The Sprawling City book. When are Cults and Houses being printed?

Considering the original d20 book has all three books in one I think we need these gaps filling.

You already have Song of the Beast Gods - it is included in Citadel Beyond the North Wind!

I am afraid it is unlikely that Cults and Houses are unlikely to be printed.

MongooseMatt said:
You already have Song of the Beast Gods - it is included in Citadel Beyond the North Wind!

I have the PDF of all three books. I have the print copy of Citadel.
This exactly mirrors the pdf. 54 pages of content plus the covers. There is no Song of the Beast Gods in there, which would have added a further 40 pages of content.

MongooseMatt said:
I am afraid it is unlikely that Cults and Houses are unlikely to be printed.

Shame. Legend needs more love and the pdfs are already there.

Could you release them as POD via DTRPG?

MongooseMatt said:
Let me look into this - it may be a while as we are currently rammed with projects.

If you need me to drop by the office some time with the book I'll be happy to do so :)

(I am still working as it's hard to do estate agency from home... and they are not furloghing us this time)

It would be great to see some Legend out-of-print Legend books released as POD. Personally, I'd love to get a hardcover version of the core rules. It looks like Drivethrurpg supports the correct size, but I'm not sure about the economics though:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/pub_pod_cost.php

Also, I've heard Lightning Source is finicky about certain aspects of PDF formatting.

Legend has been influential and deserves to remain in print.

Prime_Evil said:
Legend has been influential and deserves to remain in print.

The core books are certainly not going anywhere. We would like to do a lot more of this system, but there are simply too many balls in the air at the moment :(

MongooseMatt said:
The core books are certainly not going anywhere. We would like to do a lot more of this system, but there are simply too many balls in the air at the moment :(
Please hire more jugglers! :D

Thanks to my Cthanta Claus (RPGGeek's rpg secret santa exchange) I now have a completely finished dead tree collection of Legend (except Deus Valt which I'm currently not fussed about).

I just got:

The Spider God's Bride (Legend)
Arcania of Legend: Elementalism
Cities of Legend: Skarr: City of Orcs
Land of Ice and Stone

Back