Some Shianti Queries

A

Anonymous

Hello August or Ian, I have some q's regarding the Shianti Sorc;

-First, can we have an official fix on the typos in the shianti and the wytch bmd entries? I can fix them easily enough, but was wondering if there was an official errata. As it is, the error skewes the progression early on.

-Flamebrand (Physiurgy elder art): Can this be used as many times as the sorceror gets attacks in a round, or only once as a fullround action? ((since all physiurgy art's can be used only as a full round)) And ofcourse, it can set foes on fire correct?

-We were told the shianti would be able to light the tip of his staff to produce light, like greystar did. It seems to have been forgottetn. Again, easy to houserule, but thought to ask if there was anything official before I did so.

thanks! :)

I've also noticed the BMD typos. For the Shianti, it goes from D8 to D10, back to D8 at 5th level, then back to D10 at 7th level before continuing its regular progression.

Actually, these are not typoes. They represent something that Joe and I have discussed in the past; magical wielders trying to tap the power of the ancients (the Elder Magi and the Shianti) have a 'power surge' that lasts a level or two and then evens out as they mature in their abilities. It does not affect the Magicians of Dessi because of their distance, relatively speaking, from the source of their power.

-August

Mongoose August said:
Actually, these are not typoes. They represent something that Joe and I have discussed in the past; magical wielders trying to tap the power of the ancients (the Elder Magi and the Shianti) have a 'power surge' that lasts a level or two and then evens out as they mature in their abilities. It does not affect the Magicians of Dessi because of their distance, relatively speaking, from the source of their power.

-August

Really? :shock: Wow, I never would have guessed that it was intended!

Thanks August. :) If you could, please also answer the flamebrand question, adn let us know about the 'light' spell.

columbob said:
Mongoose August said:

-August

Really? :shock: Wow, I never would have guessed that it was intended!

Well, I did slip up by not mentioning it. I really thought I had, but after a quick read... :oops:

-August

Back