Some Questions pertaining to some descrepancies?

A

Anonymous

I noticed some things in the RPG that seems a little out of place.

The first item was dealing with money. They list Silver Plates which are equal to 10 for every Gold Crown. However the currency in silver is typically the Lune. Now we know from Lone Wolf that 4 Lune equals 1 Gold Piece, however, if one was not familiar with that, one could assume 10 Lune would equal 1 Gold Piece. Seems odd.

Next, it seems the Elder Magi are...Shianti Wizards? Anyone do a double take seeing the magiks listed under the Magicians of Dessi? Is this something from Mr. Dever, or something the authors of the RPG came up with?

Finally there is no Knight of the White Mountain! :(

At least none that I could find. Still browsing through the book, just some items that came to mind.

Next, it seems the Elder Magi are...Shianti Wizards? Anyone do a double take seeing the magiks listed under the Magicians of Dessi? Is this something from Mr. Dever, or something the authors of the RPG came up with?

There are some answers in this thread: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2454

Finally there is no Knight of the White Mountain!

Lack of space, I guess. The Knight of the White Mountain wouldn't probably be that much different from a Sommlending knight, anyway...

Ah, yes, the closest that comes would be that the Magicians of Dessi are not supposed to be the Battlemages.

Perhaps they are the ones that cast things such as splinter, flameshaft, Penetrate, Energy Grasp, Power Glyph, Hold Enemy, Shield, Powerword, Invisible Fist, and such things. Of course they are the powers of the Vakeros, I was just expecting that since they were taught to the Vakeros by the Elder Magi, that the Elder Magi would have some minimal skills or powers that had such names and this would be passed to their descendents. Perhaps I assume to much.

PS: Thanks for the link, for some reason I didn't find the original thread.

Someone made a Knight of the White Mountain class here, and I like it quite a bit. Don't have time to search, but you could probably find the thread.

Lord Lieutanant Rhygar (Book 2) appears to be the quintessential example of a Sommlending Knight.

I'm not sure the way the White Mountain Knights are described, they have much - if anything - in common with the Sommlending Knight.

For example: in the four examples of such Knights in Book 2, not once are any of them mounted. All such examples appear to have been more akin to heavy foot soldiers (Ganon & Dorier; the Knight in the Tower - note: there wasn't even a stable near the tower, IIRC; the dead knight with the Helghast; and Lord Axim). I'd be inclined to believe that any write up of them would be geared more to a 'on foot' trooper than a cavalier.

I suspect - based on at least one of the battles - they have Mindshield at some point as well.

IIRC: In the later gamebooks in the series, the Lune was the standard currency of some nations, not necessarily a denomination of the Gold Crown. The rate of trade between national/regional currencies was IIRC 4 Lune = 1 Gold Crown.

SableWyvern said:
My KotWM can be found here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2945

Thanks, oh, and by the way, nice format that you put FftD in while I'm at it.

TheGreyLord said:
Finally there is no Knight of the White Mountain! :(

As others have mentioned, you could feasibly use the Sommerlund Knight, and I'm guessing an actual KotWM class is near the top of the list for the Durenor sourcebook :)

Back