Solomon Kane - Legend Style

That's an interesting idea, but there is a slight difference in tone between Deus Vult and Gothic Horror / Dark Fantasy.

(EDIT: Having a second thought, you might be able to get away with this if the Reformation fractures the Order. Perhaps a Protestant splinter group pursues adopts Calvinist theology and pursues supernatural evil from within the Puritan community while the main body of the Order remains within the Catholic Church and gets quite chummy with the Inquisition. The Protestant splinter group are regarded as heretics by most members of the order, but has had some spectacular successes confronting ancient evils directly. On the other hand, the protestant faction has become deeply embroiled in the politics of England and the Netherlands - their open support for the Covenanters amongst Scottish Presbyterian community led to persecution under Oliver Cromwell. Meanwhile, the main body of the order became embroiled in the witch-hunts sweeping the continent....)

Prime_Evil said:
DamonJynx said:
Bumped this old thread.
Wolf, Prime_evil, still interested in a collaboration?

I'm interested. What do you have in mind?
Dark Fantasy/Gothic Horror mash-up as discussed; Hammer+Solomon Kane+Dark Ages Cthulhu kinda vibes. Witches, Warlocks, Vampires, Werewolves, and things man was just not meant to know. Hell, we could even throw in some steam punk but that might be a touch too much...I've got a couple of projects to finish first though - Stormhaven + my D&D 5E random tile set that I'm working on. In a couple of months, from July onward I'll have a bit more time - until February next year when the wife and I, along with my sister and brother-in-law, are doing the bottom half of Oz road trip for 3 or so months.

Back