So, what the hell IS it?

For me, this wait will only be worthwhile if the announcement is that Vincent is back on the helm making Conan sourcebooks. All the new sourcebooks after Vincent left lack that Hyborian feel that really distinguishes Conan from all other fantasy RPGs, that makes Conan unique.

Conan is becoming too bland as of lately.

I susspect that we are redoing threads like this because we dont have the next cool thing to discuss. We can still toss around other things to, but pre-praise or pre-trash is always fun. So instead we do speculation threads

zozotroll said:
I susspect that we are redoing threads like this because we dont have the next cool thing to discuss. We can still toss around other things to, but pre-praise or pre-trash is always fun. So instead we do speculation threads

Yeah, but what the hell IS it? :D

Just a teaser to say: we'll tell you something in november but you'll have to wait at least two month again to get anything new.

I'm thrilled...

W.

Yeah, that is a helluva cryptic advert. Other than saying Mongoose still has the license...it says nothing and completely fails as a piece of advertising. The closest thing to a call to action is the web address. But what action should be taken? There's no copy, not even teaser copy. It's just an illustration (admittedly a fairly interesting one) with a date, license title, and web address. So what?

That was weird. Would not let me finish. I thought this was Conan, not Paranoia.

As I was saying no chance apperently for a december release after a November release.

MGPConan.jpg

Conan is gonna get dirty! Gone are the clean lines and smooth images. Time to get down and dirty. The days of perfumed whores in Shadizar are over - it's the Maze from now on.

He slunk along alleys and shadowed plazas until he came to the district which was his destination -- the Maze. Along its labyrinthian ways he went with the certainty of familiarity. It was indeed a maze of black alleys and enclosed courts and devious ways; of furtive sounds, and stenches. There was no paving on the streets; mud and filth mingled in an unsavory mess. Sewers were unknown; refuse was dumped into the alleys to form reeking heaps and puddles. Unless a man walked with care he was likely to lose his footing and plunge waist-deep into nauseous pools. Nor was it uncommon to stumble over a corpse lying with its throat cut or its head knocked in, in the mud. Honest folk shunned the Maze with good reason.

*****Rogues in the House - Robert E. Howard**************

8)

Argh!! I got it! My heads on fire! I got! Its a new version called The Savage Sword of Conan! With gritty, paired down rules! Thats GOT to be it!

Whatever system they choose, I really hope they get some good B&W line art for the next book - like the art you see in the old Marvel comics. The photoshop art they use hurts my eyes, and just feels wrong!!! Remember the orgy pic on page 156 of the Road of Kings? How can anyone f**k up with an orgy scene? It takes one of the best parts of the fiction and turns it into something creepy and disturbing! And dont forget Phil Renne's pic on page 134 from Ruins of Hyboria. The greedy guy looks more like a f**king cockeyed retard, then anything else!

I'm not asking for much! I'm not asking for a masterpiece of Gustave Doré or Alfredo Alcala! I just what something that actually has a Hyborian 'feel' to it!

Back