Sneak attack question

Any weapon.

Thieves choose a weapon with which they apply thier sneak attack style, but they can still sneak attack withouther stuff - thus the 1d6/1d8 dual damage notation.

Well, watch it. Reach weapons won't allow you to flank - you have to occupy that adjacent square, so that eliminates a situation where sneak attacks are possible.

Also, opponents can get inside your reach distance.

Sutek said:
Well, watch it. Reach weapons won't allow you to flank - you have to occupy that adjacent square, so that eliminates a situation where sneak attacks are possible.

The staff in the Conan RPG -- as opposed to the D&D staff -- can be used to attack both adjacent foes and those 10 feet away.

- thulsa

Sutek said:

You can flank with a reach weapon. Flanking has only three requirements:
1) you are making a melee attack
2) the opponent you are Flanking is being threatened by an ally
3) said ally is in a position opposite the opponent from you (see definition of opposite below)

FLANKING
When making a melee attack, you get a +2 flanking bonus if your opponent is threatened by a character or creature friendly to you on the opponent’s opposite border or opposite corner.
When in doubt about whether two friendly characters flank an opponent in the middle, trace an imaginary line between the two friendly characters’ centers. If the line passes through opposite borders of the opponent’s space (including corners of those borders), then the opponent is flanked.
Exception: If a flanker takes up more than 1 square, it gets the flanking bonus if any square it occupies counts for flanking.
Only a creature or character that threatens the defender can help an attacker get a flanking bonus.
Creatures with a reach of 0 feet can’t flank an opponent.

Hope that helps.

I copy/pasted it from the 3.5 SRD (because I'm lazy), the language is nearly identical to that in Conan AE. The difference is Conan AE adds a clarifying note concerning dodge and parry but the important bits are the same.

Later.

Nah, that's what it is in Conan too. I don't recall it being so generous in D&D3.5, and Flanking is non-existant it Stargate, both of which I'm more familiar with than the pure SRD.

My bad...

Back