Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shield and normal clothing

• leather armor

• metal breastplate

• Total voters
Well my players seem to go either a sheild or the odd one will take leather armour. But the majority just run in with their kilts blowing in the wind and a weapon in hand. Most don't go for the armour thing...it it funny how many of them live and the odd guy with armour dies more often. :lol:

being a walking tin can is a reason to be picked on :twisted: also it slows you down and stops the lurking celts do so well :twisted:

It would be difficult anyway to equip a whole army with metal breastplates. Even leather isn't so common an armor.
It isn't honorable to buy armor so most warriors should wear wolf or bear hides from their own kills.
Of course shield isn't like an armor. It's more a mobile piece of equipment.
But it's easier to cut down a tree than to face a lion.

That's right but it can become quite heavy if you beat 10-15 foes in one battle.
That's probably why flmags were invented afterwards.

also remember the fir domain has its famous growling sheilds part of its tribes way of being differant am also toying with idea of symbols on the sheilds being tribal like tartans or maybe showing which god or goddess a warrior follows :?

toothill man said:
also remember the fir domain has its famous growling sheilds part of its tribes way of being differant am also toying with idea of symbols on the sheilds being tribal like tartans or maybe showing which god or goddess a warrior follows :?
This is what the ancient Greeks did.
Actually heraldry was a kind of organized science in the middle age (a task of herald) but I wonder where it does come from.

The King said:
Actually heraldry was a kind of organized science in the middle age (a task of herald) but I wonder where it does come from.

a very early form of stopping friendly fire ie not killing your own allies 8)

toothill man said:
The King said:

a very early form of stopping friendly fire ie not killing your own allies 8)
This is even more in evidence in the movies of Kurosawa where the armies are distinctive with various colors.

With the Celts I think they also had some face painting.

Yes, tatoos and face paintings (or body painting for the naked Picts) had much importance.
But these signs are difficult to notice under the dirt and blood. :wink:

What about a 2-horned helm for recognition?

Were this replacement in case he lost his? :lol:

Anyway I plane to do a mythic earth campaign (with Slaine and OGL ancients). And the Greeks had many recognition signs (crest helmets).

watch the gulls adventure on the forum old boy as they if they make it will make it in the end to the nile but that section is a long way off so will be blending OGL and slaine my self :wink:

Armour is for Finnians, Formorians, Drunes and preserving a girls chastity from any of the later.

Even a warp harness is a bit girly

But at a push, a bit of woad and a warp-sock for the serpent... Well we wouldn't want to scare those Drunes before we reached em now would we.

Real men wear woad and wounds.

Which is kind of my Sessair answer to the question

I went to a big LARP event years and years ago, and in this one group was a skyclad warrior, with just a sock for modesty.

Given we were slaine fans, once the drinking began it became impossible not to make jokes about his little warrior warping into a huge beast... a comment from the normally very pleasent mouthed Issy...

And thus was born the idea of the Warp Sock.... Kind of like a hero harness.... but for the wee warrior (pun intended)

Back