slaine chess?

toothill man

Mongoose
A slaine chess set would be great and as you already have a deal with the makers of 2000AD,a new games devision and a modelling arm It wouldnt be that hard .Think it would appeal too, not only with hardcore slaine fans but also those who collect 2000AD and anyone with a intreast in celtic lore the last two being a great customer base too be introduced too both slaine and mongoose

As long as it stays clear of 'funny' rules such as knightmare chess et al...

Of course its probably quite easy to make your own.... :wink:

as anicent celtic chess pieces have been found it would be likley that at least the elite played a form of chess as a basic thinking war game :)

hassanisabbah said:
Of course its probably quite easy to make your own.... :wink:

Absolutely! Just gather up enough of the right minis! Somebody already mentioned Celtos and Chronopia: Sons of Kronos miniatures in another thread. Heck, I've even converted a Celtos mini into Slaine, himself! Used dirt I gathered when I visited Ireland last summer to landscape the base, even... because I'm a geek like that. :mrgreen:

toothill man said:
as anicent celtic chess pieces have been found it would be likley that at least the elite played a form of chess as a basic thinking war game :)

Who didn't! Chess the boss of games.....

Thought I'd revive that thread as a fellow Lone Wolf boarder posted a great link for minis that have a definite Slaine flavour, especially the Sessair collection. You can find them at : http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/liste_familles.cfm?num=9&code_lg=lg_us

See the main page : www.rackham-store.com/index_us.htm

redlaco said:
Thought I'd revive that thread as a fellow Lone Wolf boarder posted a great link for minis that have a definite Slaine flavour, especially the Sessair collection. You can find them at : http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/liste_familles.cfm?num=9&code_lg=lg_us

See the main page : www.rackham-store.com/index_us.htm

wow what a link thankyou red and also the boarder over at lone wolf the whole site drips with ideas to be borrowed :twisted:

If your serious about this you should do figures for the game 'Wooden Wisdom', which is supposed to be the Celtic variation of Chess.

I can't find any resources for 'Wooden Wisdom' on the Web, not even in Wikipedia.

I do know this would suit Slaine fine, since he ends up being challenged to the game by some Goblins in the 2000Ad Dicemanone 'Cauldron of Blood.'

think the center stone should be like the king limited movement but key with the piece most damage done by being the "queen" but not sure which piece any ideas also like the idea on no boring pawns if everything has a specail move makes it more of a challenge any thoughts 8)

Ah, so Fidchell is gaelic for Wooden Wisdom. Now that I have read the origins page entirely.

I've never played Chess, properly. This version though, sounds interesting with their trademark spiral motifs.

Mind you, I wonder if it's as dangerous as they say it is, that is to play it.

Back