Since someone here probably knows the answer...

Londo-X

Mongoose
I was just curious about the pocket PHB/DMG. do these include the parts of the d2o system missing from mongoose's liscenced RPG books. (such as Judge Dredd or Babylon 5) and along that same line does the pocket B5 have all the basics. I am asking because While I own the B5 full rulebook, I am considering getting the pocket books to carry with (rather than carry a hard cover PHB for a few rules) however I am also considering the b5 pocket as a player ref (should I get a chance to run a B5 RPG campaign) however if it includes the basics of the d20/ogl system I may skip the pocket phb and just get the pocket B5 for a player/ GM ref (I know the B5 book is missing the source material but then the players don't need the episode guide or the like, plus I will have that book still on hand for the GM) anyway if you know the answer let me know, and thanks in advance.

The pocket B5 doesn't include the D20 stuff.

The pocket PHB does. It is essentially the D&D PHB without the pictures and examples.

Thanks,greg, that helps me figure out what to buy, I'll have to get the PHBand pocket B5 for my players

Cheers!

Londo-X said:
however I am also considering the b5 pocket as a player ref (should I get a chance to run a B5 RPG campaign) however if it includes the basics of the d20/ogl system I may skip the pocket phb and just get the pocket B5 for a player/ GM ref (I know the B5 book is missing the source material but then the players don't need the episode guide or the like, plus I will have that book still on hand for the GM)

What source material do you think the Pocket B5 RPG book is missing, mine has the episode guide in it.

LBH

having not seen one up close, I was under the impression from the ads, it was sans source material, If i has that, so much the better

AFAIK the Pocket B5 Handbook is only missing maps and plans, and the Pocket Conan Handbook has some abbreviated background material in a couple of places.

Back