Shadows of Sindal: Prince Grehai

PsiTraveller

Cosmic Mongoose
I've looked and not found it, but does the module have a home base / HQ where Prince Richter Grehai is based? Is his homeworld listed? It's one of the first questions my players asked about him (ie what planet is he a Prince of?)

He also moves around with a squadron of ships but does he have a home to return to? And where does he get his money from to pay for the ships? Who is backing him?

PsiTraveller said:
I've looked and not found it, but does the module have a home base / HQ where Prince Richter Grehai is based? Is his homeworld listed? It's one of the first questions my players asked about him (ie what planet is he a Prince of?)

He also moves around with a squadron of ships but does he have a home to return to? And where does he get his money from to pay for the ships? Who is backing him?

IIRC, his homeworld is not listed anywhere, and his background isn't made clear. He's not a Prince of a planet, he's a (self-styled) Prince of the old Empire of Sindal.

Who is backing him and where he gets his money is a very, very good question. Several possibilities spring to mind.

Perhaps he is a successful mercenary, or a wealthy investor in the mercenary trade, as suggested by his flagship being a Broadsword-class. Possibly related to Planetary Security Services, somehow, which would dovetail neatly because both have a hard-on for the Aslan.
Perhaps he's simply a war profiteer. The guy who owns Trojan Hardware, or is Trojan Hardware's catspaw, to ratchet up conflict along the border.
And -- my personal preference -- perhaps he is the son of the Golden Queen of Yggdrasil, attempting to do the same thing for Yggdrasil that the players are trying to do for Drinax? His chosen area of operations is primarily the Dustbelt, so that might make sense.

I suspect salaries and bribes might eat up most of his funds; assuming he has to grease various wheels and retain the loyalty of his forces.

His backer(s), assuming he isn't the Count of Mount Christmas, may agree with his (political) agenda, or want to disrupt someone else's.

Back