Shadizar : Review

Zeus said:
The right to sell a book and keep the copy sounds... wrong. It's easy to abuse it, especially for those, who can copy stuff for free (lots of people can do this at work). I've always thought that you can keep the copy as long as you own the original.
Then we would live in a dictatorship. I believe private rights are as strong as moral rights or copyrights.
It is not because right is made by those who have some money (but not any true power :wink: ) that it should be accepted everywhere.
If I have a book that is mine I do whatever I want with it. The "all rights reserved" is just graffiti on paper made to impress.
I prefer earthquake and pollution policy. Those little guys will have then all the rubbles they wante to create new rules and new laws.
Civilization isn't much different from the apish (or many other animal's) culture: be strong and impressive to rule over the others.

The King said:
By the way, how do you realize a pdf file from a scan? I'am quite a newbie with scanner and bought one only recently. For the moment, I can only create jpg files.

Well, if you have a scanner you can buy Acrobat (Not Acrobat Reader). With Acrobat you can create and edit all the .PDFs you want. It is a very simple process.

Yes, there is an open source PDF maker out there --> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Odovacar's Ghost said:
The King said:
By the way, how do you realize a pdf file from a scan? I'am quite a newbie with scanner and bought one only recently. For the moment, I can only create jpg files.

Well, if you have a scanner you can buy Acrobat (Not Acrobat Reader). With Acrobat you can create and edit all the .PDFs you want. It is a very simple process.

Yes, there is an open source PDF maker out there --> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
Thanks a lot, you are very helpful. :wink:

mthomason said:
Your majesty,

It is getting very difficult to tell just when you're being serious.

Keep up the good work ;)

Isn't it the quintessence of British humor? I grew up with the Monty Python in the background and was quite much influenced by Holy Grail, The life of Brian, the sense of life, time bandit and (of course) Brazil. This is not just silly jokes to make people smile. There is always a sense of reflexion in this.

and what do you mean by "good work"? :roll:

Anymore information on Shadizar? When can we expect it in the UK? (just trying to get the thread back on track..) :wink:

Lucius said:
Anymore information on Shadizar? When can we expect it in the UK? (just trying to get the thread back on track..) :wink:

Got mine a week or more ago from Dancing Dryad, excellent service, you can find them at: www.dancingdryad.com
Highly recommended.

Well I have no plans on copying it. Just curious about the content.

Any insight on the content itself?

Razuur

Back