Sessions 3, 4 & 5 - BinB - Shadizar

Arkobla Conn

Mongoose
Notes:
1. This will be a very high level summary as I don't remember the details.
2. I think one of the players is working on a better summary.
3. This contains SPOILERS.
4. While the concept of these events have several 'x' rated sessions, the text below is PG-13. Apologies if I still manage to offend anyone.

<No bad words were used in this description>

When last we discussed our hero's, Abaddon had been captured and the group was reeling from back to back deadly confrontations - the first at a brothel and the second outside their inn. It was time to lay low. Following Miranda out of town, the group found themselves at a hideout she had used in the past. During the hours spent their, they rested, bandaged wounds and strategized about where to go from here.

The biggest problem was re-entering the city. Surely the gaurds were now notified and on the lookout for them. Once inside, the group needed to find Abaddon and try to find out more information about why they were being attacked. To tackle the first issue, Miranda promised to lead them in a secret way, but they would have to lead the way for finding Abaddon.

Miranda's way in was through the sewers which turned out mostly effective. Lady Maja ended up slipping in the muck, soiling her clothes. When exiting through a gratein the merchant quarter, the group finalized the next step of their plan. They decided to use Lady Maja as bait, knowing that certain people were bidding on beautiful slaves for use at the 'orgies' mentioned by the old guardsmen the night before. To facilitate selling her, they stripped her of most of her highbord clothes (which were soiled anyway), cleaned her up, and then went to the slave auction.

At the auction, Lady Maja was stripped, shown, and sold to a man known to the group for attending the 'orgies' of Kara Parma...whatever or whoever that was. Paths were crossed and eventually the group lost track of where Maja went. Now down Lady Maja and Abaddon, the group decided to follow another lead. A noble woman, rumored to attend the 'orgies' and also rumored to be seeking a husband, lived in the wealthy district. Perhaps they could find some idea where to go from there.

<Unbeknownst to the group, Lady Maja was discovered trying to send notes outside of the compound and then drugged in response. She would be a compliant participant in the events to come...>

As evening fell, the group moved to the wealthy district, hoping to try to find out where this 'party' was going to take place. Negotiating their way into the noblewoman's house, they found she was not present. With some support from one of her visitors, they were led to a secret entrance to the sewers minutes before the arrival of a mob of angry men.

Rushing through the maze of tunnels beneath the city, the group avoided the men chasing them Eventually, they came upon a hidden room. Within the room, they were assaulted with visions of forbidden debauchery. Indeed, they soon found themselves acting without thought, guided by some unseen hand into actual debauchery. As that unbidden, unwanted session of sexual depravity ended (of which only Miranda represented the fairer side while Ajonga, Hadrathus, Raz and Belyara represented the men) everyone snapped awake, acutely aware of what had just transpired. They were unable to stop themselves and confused, sure that some type of sorcery had been behind the cruel event.

Moving on, the group finally found the exit and discovered that the true 'orgie' was taking place at a local temple. Entering the temple, they found naked men and women surrounding an altar. Many of the men and women were engaged in debauchery while more watched as the noble woman engaged in her own sexual activity on top of the altar. Underneath her was Abaddon, and around the altar were several men who were obviously slain by the noble woman. Despite being naked, she was bathed in the blood of her previous victims. While she moved atop Abaddon, taking her pleasure and preparing to end his life like she had with the others, she read from a large tome held by another naked person, this time a young girl. She too had a splattering of blood, which came from her mistresses victims. Oddly enough, the book was not covered in blood.

Acting quickly, the group began to move forward. From antichambers, men in armor came forth and a grand melee began. During this melee, the noblewoman pulled out her dagger and stabbed downward. Abaddon, drugged but not dead, was able to struggle enough to move aside, taking the blow to the shoulder instead of the heart. Even as blood gushed from the wound, the woman began to change. Instead of becoming more beautiful, as usual for this rite, she became older and uglier. Finally, she was frail enough to fall from her unwholesome perch just as a crack began in the altar beneath Abaddon.

Suddenly, men and women watched agape as the large form of the demoness Kara Parma appeared. Naked, save for large wings, she began to swing a large sword at everyone within reach. Her first swing nearly decaptitated Hadrathus. As she turned to face Raz and the others, Ajonga stepped out from behind a curtain and threw his javilin. It hit a vital spot and, incredibly dealt her a blow that would kill for certain. In her last breaths of life, Kara Parma pulled her sorcerous powers into one wizardly blast of energy, killing several and leaving more severely injured. One such fatality was Miranda, who slumped againt the wall and expired without a word.

Eventually, the group found Lady Maja, pulled Abaddon free from the rubble of the altar (which saved him) and decided it was definately time to leave Shadizar...

I am indeed working on a more detailed version, very long though as I even expounded on my posting in session 2 - I believe that one topped out at near 13 pages.

I cannot say mine is currently in the PG-13 rating as I believe I have leaked into the R range and maybewhen I get to the end it may even go further! Perhaps I can clean it up a bit for posting but it will be LONG!

Will take me a few weeks to finish also. I am close to finishing my rewrite of session 1, two just needs a revision here or there, and the onto 3 and 4.

I will say that from reading the module afterwards - using it for some background info, we royally mucked this one up by overcomplicating it to the extreme. For those who have read the module, the scenario is pretty straight forward.

Look forward to reading more of your adventures.
My players are just coming to the end of the adventue. At the moment three of the four pcs are bound to the pillars in the temple. One of them is still to arrive on the scene.
It will be the first time that I have used the sorcery rules. Have you any advice on running sorcery.
As yet I am not too sure on what the rules are and I dont want to miss something important that may effect the outcome.
I have realy enjoyed your write ups. We are all new to the system and so some of our sessions have not run too smoothly but have still been enjoyable.
Also the party consists of two barbarians, a nomad and a thief who is the one who has avoided capture. They are all sixth level without weapons and armour [other than the theif]. I am thinking that the final scene may be a bit tough, looking at Karas stats. What do you think?

Gav

At 9th level, I hyped up some of the encounters along the way and my players were deadly...of course. But the first swipe or two by Kara at the end gave me a chill of dread...these guys were gonna get wiped out. Then, out of no where, one of the players does a crit with a javelin throw, scores more than 20 hp's in one attack (which may be an error for this creature, but we couldn't refute it) and prompted a fort save. I rolled a '1' on the save and I decreed it had been struck down. A bit of a downer, but my players didn't seem upset. They *Knew* this thing was gonna wipe them out and it was a big high for them to succeed without having me bend reality. I almost reckon this against Conan Destroyer, when Conan fought Dagoth just as he was coming alive, and then killing him. Timing, it seems, is key.

thanks for the reply. My game is sunday night I may have to tone it down somewhat, but then again maybe not :twisted: and ill keep you posted. Lets hope the gods smile upon the brave :wink:

I noticed earlier on that if I left the encounters difficult, even out of the players league, they fled, and fled, and fled some more. Which I thought was great. They've learned to really pick their fights.

SS

I might have heard a rumble of 'run away' ala Brave Sir Robin...but Abaddon and Maja were in dire straights and they hung in there!

sanseveria said:
I noticed earlier on that if I left the encounters difficult, even out of the players league, they fled, and fled, and fled some more. Which I thought was great. They've learned to really pick their fights.

SS

As my character was behind the curtain he thought about running, however, he would have been the only one left alive because no one else could have escaped. "Ajonga is not a coward." Ajonga did pray to the God of this temple, which happened to be the God of Thiefs. :wink:

I might have heard a rumble of 'run away' ala Brave Sir Robin...but Abaddon and Maja were in dire straights and they hung in there!

I do understand what your saying, however, the players in my group still aren't quite that loyal to each other. (a few are but most aren't) They have great combat teamwork when it goes there way, but when it starts to look grim, it becomes everyman for himself.

SS

Since I have now read the module, doing the write up of our adventure, I would say we got lucky in the sense that the crit throw technically should not have killed her as it was not dipped in the stuff that would be painful for the goddess...I will not say what it is in case a player is perusing here to get an advantage - one of our players does this!

We did not really have the option to run- which we should have done, as two of us where captured, and two others were trapped between the baddies and the goddess, one who ended up dying. I do not have a problem with how it went down as I was not aware of how the goddess would be hurt during the fight and it was a 1 in a million shot and with the GM rolling a 1 it was just classic!

We way over complicated the scenario also, missing a bunch of clues...

Hadrathas said:
I will not say what it is in case a player is perusing here to get an advantage - one of our players does this!

Dam right and proud of it ! :twisted: I do not hide the fact from the GM or my fellow players... not that it ever does me any good we never follow the scripted module and our GM is great at adlibbing . I feel I am in good company just go out on any computer program site and you will find cheats. Just like Captain Kirk in the Wrath of Khan I do not believe in a no win stituation. The beauty of this game is that you can know everything about this game, but it all ends with the role of the dice.

Ajonga said:
The beauty of this game is that you can know everything about this game, but it all ends with the role of the dice.

no no no...I disagree here... It all ends up with the whims of the GM...

Back