Sector Construction Guide Goals/Objectives

The release schedule talks about containing "everything you need to populate it for yourself to create a brand new campaign area unique to you and your group", Foreven Sector map, a blank map, etc.

I confess that I'm a bit confused what this will contain to warrant a box set. I'm not complaining, mind you, I love box sets, but isn't sector generation covered in the Core Rulebook? Since this release is a box set, I'm assuming whatever books will be included will provide new content and/or expand on existing generation systems? Will this include more in-depth tools for creating civilizations & societies, alien species generation & society generation?

Aside from a "referee's private reserve" - as in a region that won't conflict with future expansions' canon, what is this product seeking to accomplish?

Hey there,

The box set itself contains:

Sector Construction Guide book
Charts and Forms booklet
Blank World Map pad
Sector Poster Map – Foreven on one side, blank on the other

This set takes you through, step by step, the processes needed to create a universe, sector, subsectors... down to individual empires, worlds. It goes into how the history of an area will affect how it looks in the 'current era', talking about waves of colonisation, clashing empires, anomalies affecting all of those.

It shows you how to create alien species, how they start to explore the surrounding space, how that is affected by their minds and bodies... there is a lot in this set to help the referee create their own sector, all based around the development of Foreven as an example.

Hope that helps!

MongooseMatt said:
This set takes you through, step by step, the processes needed to create a universe, sector, subsectors... down to individual empires, worlds. It goes into how the history of an area will affect how it looks in the 'current era', talking about waves of colonisation, clashing empires, anomalies affecting all of those.
Interesting. How much info is provided on creating worlds (or even cities)?

IanBruntlett said:
Interesting. How much info is provided on creating worlds (or even cities)?

Don't expect the World Builder's Handbook (that will be something else). This works on a more macro level.

Back