Second Printing of Runequest...

I'm still waiting with baited breath...start running my game tonight, and I'll be going with the first printing rules...The delay in this response is disconcerting...If the second printing is a correct and official update, then please just say so, and I can copy a friend's stuff...if it's a total screw-up, then say so and we can stop caring, start playing and poke those with the second printing with sticks driving them into the hills where they can eke out their heretical existence away from us true MRQ players...ooh, schism...

Cleombrotus said:
...if it's a total screw-up, then say so and we can stop caring, start playing and poke those with the second printing with sticks driving them into the hills where they can eke out their heretical existence away from us true MRQ players...

Sounds like fun. Why make this dependent on any official ruling? I say go for it either way.

Cleombrotus said:
I'm still waiting with baited breath...start running my game tonight, and I'll be going with the first printing rules...The delay in this response is disconcerting...If the second printing is a correct and official update, then please just say so, and I can copy a friend's stuff...if it's a total screw-up, then say so and we can stop caring, start playing and poke those with the second printing with sticks driving them into the hills where they can eke out their heretical existence away from us true MRQ players...ooh, schism...

But since the "heretics" have twice the AP on a parry that the "true believers" they might not be the ones who end up in the hills. :wink:

BTW, your rant makes a pretty good capsule history of the British Isles up to 1066, more or less.

We're still waiting.

Come one Matt, all we want is a list of the changes so we can all be sure we're playing the same game. What's the problem?

Bump.

The matter can't be THAT complicated.

Perhaps the RQ team really is on crack.

If so I am so applying for the crack RQ team.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I am looking into this - will have a definitive answer for you this week!

Mongoose Publishing

Emphasis added....

And I have the definitive answer for you - sort of.

This is a project that could easily have fundamental implications for the next decade, and so we want to get it right. Writers are being consulted, future books being checked, and wish lists generated as to what is wanted before everything is funnelled down to what is _needed_.

The Player's Guide PDF will be comprehensively updated by the end of next week. This is not being regarded as a 'quick fix' but as something final.

Poi said:
Didn't like my reply eh Matt?

My apologies, it wasn't that - it just hit the sarcasm limiter :)

I understand where you are coming from, and what you are after, but we have to consider everyone. In this case, we want to have just one voice, saying one thing, and we believe an updated Player's PDF is the best way to do this - we can also take this opportunity to clear a few other bits and pieces people have been asking about, so it is not as simple as it might seem. However, the raw text for the PDF came in today from Lawrence, so you should have everything everyone needs very soon.

Oh, and HONK.

Just to keep you chaps updated, we have all the text we require for this, and we are just re-checking it against all our other material - everything still on schedule!

msprange said:
The Player's Guide PDF will be comprehensively updated by the end of next week. This is not being regarded as a 'quick fix' but as something final.

Phew - I like the cut of your jib, leaving us all on the edge of seats and that. I look at my watch, and I see it's just gone 2pm on 15 June: the 'end of next week'. That leaves you just under 3 hours to get posted, assuming you finish at 5pm. I'll be generous, let's make it 4 hours and assume you're conscientious and finish at 6pm.
I mean, there's no way you'd fail this, eh? That would mean you'd failed, a THIRD TIME, to respond to this when you said you would. But you'd never be that negligent, eh? I mean, that'd show you didn't have much respect for your customers, right? And I just know you wouldn't want to hide under such a shabby excuse as 'we want to make sure we get it right' when you've already been working on this for the last three weeks (at least) - not including time you spent on game development in the first place. Caw, just think, if you failed to deliver on time it might give just the wrong impression to some and make them decide to avoid all Mongoose products and go back to RQ3 to avoid all the rules hiccups. Surely not...

Oh, ye of little faith :)

I have the PDF now, just giving it a final glance through, and then it will be uploaded!

The new rules are perfect for me!!!!
Congratulations!

But I haven´t seen a clarification about the charge combat action :cry: :cry: :cry:

at the risk of being labelled as a fanboy, but you guys need to grow up and find something thats actually important to cry about.

Its some tweaks to some gamerules, rather than the end of the bloody universe.

weasel_fierce said:
at the risk of being labelled as a fanboy, but you guys need to grow up and find something thats actually important to cry about.

Its some tweaks to some gamerules, rather than the end of the bloody universe.

Dude, if you don't like self important opinionated blowhards I suggest you avoid rpg boards (and most others...).

[Switches tactics to known way of sidetracking weasel_fierce] SLAYER!

God Hates Us All!

Back