Scale....again

Ghost6

Mongoose
OK.....have we decided that 1:64 is the proper scale? :shock: I am looking to buy some corgi type semi-trucks, cars,etc for the Battle of East Los Angeles. Seems the PLA was serious about protecting Latino rights in the South Western US.

the scale is 1:65

but comersialy available stuf is eiser to get at 1:64

the diferance on a tanks length is about the same as the size of a knat toe nail. (not being rude)

Oh my god, they arrived! :shock:
EBay rulez...

I'm going to pick them up... a Abrams and a Bradley... pictures soon to follow 8)

UPDATE

And here they are:

There is another Abrams, but I'm only going to put my hands on it later tonight.

Some model comparisons will follow...
But lets say by the initial appearance and price they've cost, they will make the MGP models run for their money...

you will find precious little else (military vehicle) in the 1/64-1/65 scale - 1/72 is common and the larger 1/50 is common in diecast - 1/48 becoming more common for vehicle plastic model kits - but the "Mongoose" scale is pretty much not compatible with anything other than that limited corgi range

Fanaticus said:
Some model comparisons will follow...
But lets say by the initial appearance and price they've cost, they will make the MGP models run for their money...

Except that they only made the M1, Bradley & Hummer - oh and the fact that they are out of production and only available on the 2dy market.

Love the rules - like the figs - but still confused and disappointed by the scale choice

dsfrankevo said:
Except that they only made the M1, Bradley & Hummer - oh and the fact that they are out of production and only available on the 2dy market.

Love the rules - like the figs - but still confused and disappointed by the scale choice
Yep, the scale choice is a bit odd... I would think that a 1:72 would be a more adequate one.

Anyway, I've browsed thru some local stores here, and I've come up with the second Abrams 1:64 model in that series:

The store still had on sale several some more models in the series, including an Apache.

These models have a somewhat added value, as they come with a Osprey flyer with information about the MBT, as show below:

A nice touch.

In terms of comparison between the models, they are extremely similar in size, as can be seen here:

And to compare them with some figures at their side:

like ive been saying their darn close, although i think the corgi one is in army recognition and not usmc, apart from that fantastic, oh and the corgi one is a M1A1 not a M1A2 but for home games thats not a problem.

The USMC one is the greenish one above.
And they are both M1A1, thats correct.

The finishing quality of these models is definitely greater, for a bit lower price.

tiepilot1138 said:
That cheesy American flag needs to go. How much did you get these for? How do they compare to the FOV stuff?
WORD!
So true... very true... Go cheesy, go... go away...

The FOV 1:72 models I usually get them for about 16 Euros.
The Dragon Armor 1:72 at similar prices.
The Easy Model 1:72 are usually about 15 Euros or less.

These Corgi 1:64 Abrams were 20 Euros at the local store, the Abrams and Bradley from EBay came about 18 Euros, and I have a Humvee coming from AmazonUK for about 10 Euros.

The MGP models were about 25 Euros.
Is that the correct price?

That's not cool! My FOV Abrams cost me $8 US, which I think is comperable to your 16 Euros. If your tanks are really 25 Euros, I'm getting ripped off at $25 US!

For some reason the FOV 1/72 scale stuff seem a little larger, and can be fudged in some cases with the 1/64 scale stuff if your using the MP figures. The 1/50 stuff works really well if you plan on using larger metal minitures instead of the 1/64 plastic infantry from MP.

I just bought 2 T-72s in 1/72 scale, and they seem close enough for me. Also picked up in 1/64 scale 6 humvee trucks, 1 humvee armored, and a little bird in 1/64 scale. 50 dollars for the lot, including postage.

Oops, had my rates backwards. Nevermind, you seem to be getting the bad end if your tanks are 25 euro. That would make them $33ish US.

stupid math... :oops:

Dorb said:
Hows the Bradley look? I need couple bradleys!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^
See Fanaticus above, or see the one below that I just stole from there. :wink:

IMGP2659.jpg

I've picked up some Corgi Bradleys, as well as a few Hmmwv rigs. As I had mentioned to Mr Evil a few weeks back, the hulls of the Abrams are the same, but the BFE turret is just a tad more narrow. That, and someone mentioned that the smoke generators on the BFE version were not there (must be the new non-smoking politically-correct version, eh?). :lol:

its comparable in size to the Warrior, infact i repainted mine in warrior colores so we can use it as a warrior for the moment till i get a few more, proper ones, ive used these corgi ones as stand ins and replaced them as time has gone on, advantage is i can still use them but in huge games, or maybe as command tanks later.

tiepilot1138 said:
Oops, had my rates backwards. Nevermind, you seem to be getting the bad end if your tanks are 25 euro. That would make them $33ish US.

stupid math... :oops:
No fear, I've got the right idea 8)

But you're right.
I'm getting the tanks at 25 Euros (about 33 USD) and the units at 30 Euros (about 40 USD)... are these the right prices? I'm not sure...

All the «other» tanks (1:72 and 1:64) I've got under 20 and even 15 Euros, with a somewhat better finish and details: Price is definitely a issue here.

Looks just right with the minis. Thats what I've been looking for.

Thank you. I'm off to find some.

Back