S&P Battle Reports

5.56 Surgeon

Mongoose
Now this might have been mentioned at one point or another, but if it hasn't...

Has anyone noticed that when it comes to SST the MI player doesn't seem to use a legel army? Last time I checked you had to have a LT for each platoon, not just the overall force.

And for players that designed the game...they really don't seem to remember what to do in some situations. Its a good thing they don't play the same guy I do, he would exploite the hell out of them.

Just about every S&P SST battle report has had mistakes. Just take them with a grain of salt. Even the big article about that player who won one of the first tournaments used an illegal army list (and even bragged about how he wouldn't have won without his illegal model, though he obviously didn't realize it was illegal)

5.56 Surgeon said:
Now this might have been mentioned at one point or another, but if it hasn't...

Has anyone noticed that when it comes to SST the MI player doesn't seem to use a legel army? Last time I checked you had to have a LT for each platoon, not just the overall force.

And for players that designed the game...they really don't seem to remember what to do in some situations. Its a good thing they don't play the same guy I do, he would exploite the hell out of them.

I don't think you have to field an Lt. You have to field NCOs for a platoon.

Well, hell. I reread the section and sure enough, for powersuits and Marauders LTs are optional. But you must have them for Exo Platoons. Guess I could build that Marauders platoon after all. Suckers are expensive point wise, and never seem worth it though.

battle_the_bugs.jpg

Hehe

5.56 Surgeon said:
Well, hell. I reread the section and sure enough, for powersuits and Marauders LTs are optional. But you must have them for Exo Platoons. Guess I could build that Marauders platoon after all. Suckers are expensive point wise, and never seem worth it though.

I was thinking the same thing until I realized that I should play the Army a couple of times before I pass judgment. The models are sooo cooool!!! Try playing the same army a couple of times before you decide. I always like the Javelin's on the Chickenhawks. :D

I also like upgrading a cap trooper in my powersuit army with an ape. 8)

Lt. BillyC said:
I was thinking the same thing until I realized that I should play the Army a couple of times before I pass judgment. The models are sooo cooool!!! Try playing the same army a couple of times before you decide. I always like the Javelin's on the Chickenhawks. :D

I also like upgrading a cap trooper in my powersuit army with an ape. 8)

I like to but my Sargents and NCos in Apes, but with the point I spend to but 1500 points gets you 6-7 Marauders. I can feild two fully upgraded squads of Exosuits, 4 squads of Caps, or a butt load of LAMI for that.

I could see doing it in a mixed platoon, but never by themselves.

Back