S&P 46...

Hiromoon said:
Oh for the love of.....

First off, did you folks even read what they intended there? To let you use 3rd party miniatures. You don't have to use them at all, same with the warrior cards from the previous issue.

Now come on there, Hiro. You are talking logic; you should know that doesn't apply here! :wink:

Seriously though, I can understand the feelings of the British bias (I am still holding out for the Germans regardless...) but other than that I think that it is nice to see of the other stuff that Mongoose has been working on. An interesting read at the very least, IMHO.

Now to go see what TOS's rant looks like on EvoCommand...

Chiwie said:
But seriously, what the hell where you thinking! Where are the USMC AT options, despite the fact their been crying out for it as long as the EFTF players, oh and the fact that the GERMANS where meant to be the EFTF's AT infantry :roll: did you forget that? Hell it would of taken 5 minutes at most to change all instances of EFTF to USMC, and the pics to make a US AT section :roll:

a) there's more cards coming in future S&P's so maybe USMC AT infantry comes there...Guess they could have swapped F-35 to USMC AT team but maybe they wanted to concentrate mainly on air forces this time?
b) Why you think ONLY german infantry would have AT weapons? Seems pretty strange idea that only germans would be tossing around AT weapons...

I think it is great that Mongoose is coming out with other stuff...

I just don't agree with some of their stats... Or the British favoritism.

It's just as bad as Pete Hains' (sp?) chaos. I mean seriously, WTF does the British have to do with the Apache? I could see it if the Brits were their own faction but they are supposed to be part of the Euro-Farce.

I dunno, just seems silly to me.

Thanks to Pietia I play the game, if it weren't for his cards I wouldn't be. And that sucks too because the rules are awesome!!!

-V

vitalis6969 said:
I mean seriously, WTF does the British have to do with the Apache?

LOL! Not so long time ago somebody here was screaming bloody murder for having TOW lynx instead of Apache. Now you are complaining about apache.

LOL LOL LOL! True "whatever you do can't win" situation for Mongoose :lol:

Well, the Brits do have Apaches, and just because they have a falling out with America in the BF:Evo world doesn't mean they're going to quite using them.

As for the USAF F-35B, the Air Force is primarily using the A model, but they are considering purchasing some B models as well. It will theoreticall help with forward deployment, since they won't need quite the developed base of other aircraft.

I am glad to see Mongoose doing this. It's nice to have more units available, even if we don't have "official" models for them.

Of course, I hope it doesn't mean Mongoose isn't going to release them in scale in the future :) (Except the F-117, I still say it shouldn't be there. Aside from the fact that it is a strategic asset rather than tactical, it will be retired before the time frame of the game!)

DM said:
Just a wild stab in the dark, but could it possibly have something to do with the Britsh Army operating the WAH-64D? :D

Yeah, I know... :D

But they already have the Lynx... I'm just trying to understand why a foreign nation should be fielding them before the US Army is even on the table. Besides, do the Brits build their own? Or do they buy them from the US? :p lol

-V

For me the bottom line is that all of the players at the table have to agree to use any of these cards, just like they all have to agree on the terrain on the table or any cards made by a player. No big deal, but it might gain some interest for the game from the "current timeline" crowd. :)

Besides, do the Brits build their own?

Yes, hence the WAH-64D designation (they are assembled at Westlands in Yeovil and have various "Brit Only" features - such as inflated prices :) ).

True, I will totally concede that point!!!

If it brings more players, that's great. Heck, like I said before, I'm playing now because of Pietia's cards. Because he came out with a faction (US Army) that interests me.

In our games the Brits aren't going to make a difference anyway even if they DO get Land Raiders and Power Armor because none of us play them or probably will ever play them. The closest any Euros will come might maybe just maybe be the Germans. Other than that our games are strictly US so far.

-V

also isnt the apach a army uit not a us marine unit ?

all i whant is a realistic value put on the PLA troops and maybe the tank.

i think rather than complain we should give a list of what units we would like cars for in the next issue ?

AAV for the yanks
scimiter for the brits
Hwwmvs for yanks
land rovers for brits
T72-80-90's for MEA
RPG techicals for the mea
PLA transport copters
pla tank (to many to choose from)

as for points value well i hope to try out a few units this week.

The only unit I really like from the ones given are the Brit AT infantry.

The Apache is nice, but I would never field the one given in S&P it just seems WAY over powered for its points cost. The rest of the AIR units seem OK apart from the Nighthawk...... I had to check the date on the magazine to check it wasn't somehow April 1st again... Come on a stealth fighter that can be brought down by AA mgs.... It would never come that low unless it was landing or taking off. If they wanted the Stealth fighter they should have made it an off board asset like artillery.

vitalis6969 said:
British and Apache Longbow together in one sentence just makes me sick...

What about that Euro copter that you previewed? Why in the world do the Brits need an American attack helo?

What's next? Power armor and Land Raiders?

Oh, I forgot, this isn't 40K

:roll:

-V

You do realise that the British Army actually has Apaches now, as we speak, in active service (or near enough - bit of a comedy of errors).

the only problem i have with any of the new cards is the composition of the Brit AT section, abit to expensive point wise i think, however personally i think the law shoud of been an option for the regular section to take and have something like a milan team or A N Other type of big AT weapon.

vitalis6969 said:
British and Apache Longbow together in one sentence just makes me sick...

What about that Euro copter that you previewed? Why in the world do the Brits need an American attack helo?-V

because the british army USES the apache longbow and DOESN'T use the Tiger

maybe that is why :roll: honestly......

vitalis6969 said:
But they already have the Lynx... I'm just trying to understand why a foreign nation should be fielding them before the US Army is even on the table. -V

well as I said about the Future Lynx, if they'd done the Apache in the first place then that whole farce would have been avoided, but somehow Mongoose was under the impression that the Apache was "too good"

I do feel that the US should have been done as an expeditionary force of Army plus USMC. Then you'd have had the Apache too

The thing is I'm guessing this means MGP won't be producing the aircraft models. Given the high cost and lower relative sales I can see why (how many people are going to buy multiple F-35s?).
I just means everyone will be buying 1/72 scale kits for less than a tenner and assembling them themselves.
However the F-117 is something that won't get used, not with the Super Cobra and F-35B for competition.

shotgun-toting chipmunk said:
Well, the Brits do have Apaches, and just because they have a falling out with America in the BF:Evo world doesn't mean they're going to quite using them.

As for the USAF F-35B, the Air Force is primarily using the A model, but they are considering purchasing some B models as well. It will theoreticall help with forward deployment, since they won't need quite the developed base of other aircraft.

I am glad to see Mongoose doing this. It's nice to have more units available, even if we don't have "official" models for them.

Of course, I hope it doesn't mean Mongoose isn't going to release them in scale in the future :) (Except the F-117, I still say it shouldn't be there. Aside from the fact that it is a strategic asset rather than tactical, it will be retired before the time frame of the game!)

Using that logic, then MEA has Abrams from Saudi Arabia and other vehicle and aircraft from the Gulf War. Would like to see that in the game?
Den

Using that logic, then MEA has Abrams from Saudi Arabia and other vehicle and aircraft from the Gulf War. Would like to see that in the game?

Yes, of course, provided the stats reflected the versions of kit that was exported, so for example one could expect to see detailed differences between a US M1 and a Saudi / Egyptian M1.

Back