Runequest for midnight......

babayaya

Mongoose
Hi all, I've been runemaster for quite some years now...using the rules for differet settings, then the d20 came and all vanished until anearly all in my club no more toght about rpgs but constructing the best deck...errrr sorry character...
anyway, there a setting that is absolutely not made for these rules, so i devised to use the ancient rq rules until i discovered these new updated ones!!!
To make a story short, let's say that in the midnight setting there's only one god, a bad one, and he has won the war so that's been a century since the last battle and your characters are surviving....
The new RQ system is really great for it...
and they really seems to fit the world i use....
especially for the magic....Btw can someone tell me a bit mere about the new sorcery rules?.

Hi, I had the same idea to use the new MRQ rules in this great campaign setting as well as the same problem with the missing Companion Edition. So I decided to use Sandy Petersons Socery Rules instead.

Link is http://users.tkk.fi/~vberghol/rq/sorcery.html

From all I have read in the forum the new rules will be not too far from the old ones so that a conversation should be in range. If you own a RQ III edition you can use the "big orcs" stats with a STR of 5D6, etc. too - this should be appropriate :)

Has anyone an idea how to convert the even bigger Oruks from Midnight or already done this?

Greets

I think Petersons rules are too complex (at least for our playing style). And they have too close ties to the Glorantha setting to be much of use in other settings without some reworking.

Instead I would recommend to use the rules in the MRQ companion which appears in some weeks. And if you need them NOW I would use the original rules in RQ3 if you have an access to them.

I really wish Midnight could switch from d20 to RQ. The RQ rules are much better fit for that setting.

I'm actuially working on it.

The site AtS has a topic i began too write with this...

I'll put all i can for character creation, magic rules and etc...
if you want i can post it here too...(i've already beagan to work on the char. creation but i need the compagnon so i have too wait....)

Long time since I visited AtS...

Has there been any great intrest for RQ Midnight on AtS? I just wonder, because in the past, what has gained great intrest there, has resulted in some really good fan material.

It may gain some interest but a lot of the site members are d20 oriented.
anyway this site has passed over 1200 members now so there are lots of ideas coming from everywhere, and there's a new site location.
goes on it you'll see by yourself.

babayaya said:
It may gain some interest but a lot of the site members are d20 oriented.
anyway this site has passed over 1200 members now so there are lots of ideas coming from everywhere, and there's a new site location.
goes on it you'll see by yourself.

I will go and visit its forum when I get some more time to sit down and read the threads.
Thank you for your heads up :)

err finally i have some modification to bring...

more and more people on the AtS site are fed up with the WoC system.....
that means simply that if i can do it i'll transform the open rules for midnight... that's that simple...

more news about this soon

That sounds intressting. Have you contacted FFG to see if they are intrested in jumping on the RQ bandwagon with Midnight? at least to bring out a core book for it?

I was waiting to have more people with me on this to submit to rob vaughn or will upchurch....i'll bringing it cautiously trough...i should contact either mongoose too i don't really know....if we are the only two interested in this...

Well, what you need is the OGL, the SRD, and if you are going to use the RQ logo, sign the RuneQuest Logo Licence Form and send it to Mongoose.

Beyond that, I do not see why you would need to contact Mongoose other than as a courtesy. It will be far more important to get the permission of those responsible on FFG.

I think that the only way to see if there is enough intrest for a RQ Midnight would be to do some polls on this forum and that of Against the shadow forum.

i defenitely would want to work on it but i don't know how to do a poll....(i'm not so well versed in net-surfing....)

babayaya said:
i defenitely would want to work on it but i don't know how to do a poll....(i'm not so well versed in net-surfing....)

Post a New Topic. At the bottom of the New Topic Screen is a section on making the topic a poll.

Back