Rogue Trooper RPG system

Seraphim26

Mongoose
Hey
Im a designer/illustrator with www.batgraphics.co.uk Im currently helping out with the Pantheons card game system. I am also looking to develop several different RPG games, including Rogue Trooper, ABC Warriors, and others, but primarily Rogue Trooper. I just wanted to makesure that this title isnt under development already and the level of interest in such an RPG. Currently we have the workings of an interesting game system and feel that this would be a great Story/Character to base a game around.

I'd be happy to discuss this more!
Thanks

Seraphim :D

Don't Mongoose have the RPG rights to all the Rebellion titles? It's not to say you couldn't offer to write a Rogue Trooper book for them.

Update:
I have been in contact with the guys at 2000ad, and am awaiting information before proceeding with further concept development. Hoping that we can get together with all interested parties to produce a top quality game system, for all to enjoy. Currently i have a working concept of the system and its expansion mechanics in place, and would very much like to pursue this further with the assistance of the guys at Mongoose and 2000ad.

:D
Seraphim

I have been in touch with the P/R dept and are in the process of contacting artists/writers. From Mongoose I would be very interested to clarify licensing details, and have emailed mongoose RPG dept about this.

Seraphim

Just an update : we've placed a 'poster' for my upcoming Rogue Trooper RPG on the main site, with an introduction on the forum. I hope to have some more details up soon.

Seraphim.

The artwork seems to be influenced by the Gibbons/Simpson reboot of the character (Friday) rather than the original Finley-Day/Gibbons version which 2000AD has recently returned to. Is this by design?

Not to be pessimistic but you have taken a very hard target. With that I mean that the basic idea behind Rogue Trooper is that he is the only G.I. around, his friends are dead and their personalities are stored in biochips and those in turn in his kit. He is practically alone trying to hunt down the Traitor General.

NuEarth is as inhospitable place as can be for any other than G.I. All others has to wear protective gear (and we have seen how easily they get ripped).

Now, I have been a long time fan of Rogue Trooper and still has many of the progs. It's just hard to imagine how you can maintain the feel of the comics in RPG form. Let me explain. RPGs are usually played with rather large amount of people, usually more than a player and a GM. Many works of fiction work just fine with this consept as there are lots of other Judges in addition to the Dredd, there are other Celts beside Slaine, there are lots and lots of probable adventurers in Hyborian world not to mention how many S/D agents there are in Strontium Dog universe. In all of those examples it is easy to see how those people gather to groups/teams.

Being said that, I really hope that you manage to make the Rogue Trooper RPG. But I'd like to hear how it will work.

I know that this is not a Mongoose game and maybe it would be prudent to discuss this elsewhere. If so, just say the word :)

:D the artwork is in part deliberate yep, a part of setting the basis for the game. although the friday character isnt the be all and end all of the game.

At this time I am establishing an exstensive background to the game and setting out several options for the introductory storyline. id be happy to give some examples, which ill post shortly.

Seraphim

Further to my last post id like to set out some of the ideas the game can run on. Initially the concept was based around the reboot Friday character, and this is still the case but with changes brought in. After some consultation about the storylines/background with Rogue, I have decided to expand this and make some of the story lines work side by side to work together, including the quartz zone massacre, the hunt for the traitor general and more. I am chronicling a storyline and this in part will be used as background, bringing the game upto date with rogue as the lone figure. Players will have the option for playing as Southers/Norts, G.I's, use of weaponry, equipment and various locations around Nu Earth. The game system is one designed to be deliberately simple so players dont have to deal with too much rule book referring, and can concentrate more on gameplay. Also i make use of a simplified leveling up system, aswell as multiple choice RPG game types.

There will be more as I update the designs :D

Seraphim

So, the system will be level (and class?) based?

In this game you are able to play a group of G.I.s? I remember a prog where there were multiple genes and even Gunnar, Backman and Helm were "resurrected", so why not.

In any case, the game seems to be at the so early stage that it is hard to comment. But I am definitely interested to see how the project develops.

:D Thanks for the interest snowdog - the system I am using is designed to keep things very simple and straightforward, but also allows players to increase their experience and more. The game can be combined with other games due to a core rules system that allows for cross genre gaming.

As for the storylines, yep, theres alot that will be in there - I am in the process of setting the background and history, but I hope to allow for as many player options ans storylines as possible, even including more G.I's..

Seraphim :D

In all its to do with the theme of the game - R/T being the theme, and using this in varied ways, to make the game a whole lot more fun. :D

Seraphim

Ah, okay. I thought you meaned some different games like D&D.

That said i see no reason why not, with some rules tweaking....
Yojimbo - yp, we are trying to allow for as many of the character types from RT as possible, to give the players as much character choice as possible.

Seraphim[/quote]

Back